PDA

View Full Version : Cookie problem (possibly)

stache
July 18th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Yesterday I dumped some cookies from my puter and now I notice that most of the attached photos are not showing up for me here any more. Advice? I logged back in -

Ninjahedge
July 18th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Cookies ain't the problem.

Cookies are the settings for websites. Things like logons, E-Mail addresses for Hotmail and the like, all those settings you go through things for to make life a bit easier.

They can also be misused to track what you are surfing and the like, but that is another story.

Not seeing photos means they would have to reload, if you also cleared your "Temporary Internet Files". If you see red "X"s, then you are either having problems with your connection, the site is down, or the connection is slow enough to make your request "time out" because it is taking too long.

But do not worry about cookies.

stache
July 18th, 2006, 09:32 AM
I just did a system restore, no luck. I have dsl, you think it might be my connection?

Ninjahedge
July 18th, 2006, 10:20 AM
I just did a system restore, no luck. I have dsl, you think it might be my connection?

Right click on one of the X's and see where it is supposed to be coming from (properties).

Try copying that address and going there directly. If you can't get there directly, it may be a problem with the browser or connection, but I doubt it is a cookie problem....

ZippyTheChimp
July 19th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Your computer is blocking the referer URL (that's how it's spelled in HTTP protocol) from being sent to the server.

Do you have more than one browser (IE, Firefox, etc), and does the problem exist in both?

If so, your problem may be in a firewall or other security program.

stache
July 19th, 2006, 09:37 AM
I figured out my boo boo.

ZippyTheChimp
July 20th, 2006, 10:58 AM
So, what was it?