PDA

View Full Version : Intership in nyc?

cooldudeny
July 31st, 2006, 06:26 PM
Hi,

My gf wants to move back to ny right now she is in cali doing her school
but i was wondering if she needs to do her internship in nyc where i can find information about the corporations and other big companies in nyc
and where i can find the contact for the company recruiters?

My gf is in business and she is goin to school for business too

Please i need your help try to help me people

Thanks

Schadenfrau
July 31st, 2006, 08:15 PM
What sort of company would she like to intern for?

She should be able to find something through her college, even if the school is located elsewhere.

BrooklynRider
July 31st, 2006, 10:32 PM
The best bet would be to comb the Crains New York Business lists. It the most accurate barometer of busines in NYC and the most complete listing on companies categorized by various sectors.

You can find it here: http://www.newyorkbusiness.com/businessList.cms

She can go to the individual company websites for info on internships.

cooldudeny
July 31st, 2006, 11:08 PM
she is doing her business major and yeah she is tryin through her college but its not of a big help coz they are oh they dont do too much of east coast and you know what i mean

she is looking for big corporations in nyc like the big accounting firms or financial firms or other big corporations that she can intership for coz right now she is doing it for a big company

but i will go through the link i got and will talk to her and get more info and will be back

thanks for all the help

pianoman11686
July 31st, 2006, 11:12 PM
Usually a bunch of the big banks and trading houses do a country tour of schools in the fall, looking to recruit interns for the following summer. If they don't come to her school, she can go online to any of their websites and apply for an internship.

cooldudeny
August 1st, 2006, 01:17 AM
hi i m back i did talk to my gal and this is what she said

1. internship with BIG FOUR Accounting FIRMS, besides KPMG
2. finance/accounting internship with any large fortune 500 company.
Industries: Consumer goods, tech
3. internships in banking, investment banking or any other finance position
within a bank
4. consulting with a well known national firm (mckinsey, accenture)thanks if anyone can help

cooldudeny
August 4th, 2006, 01:50 AM
--------bump------