PDA

View Full Version : Left luggage in a post 9/11 World

Gunslinger
August 7th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Hi guys
Coming to Gotham mid-Sept with friends. Renting an apartment in Chelsea for a week, we are not flying back to the UK until the evening of our final day (well, you gotta cram as much in as possible)

When I've stayed in hotels, we have left our luggage at the hotel, gone out for the day and retrieved it before heading for the airport.

Assuming we're leaving the apartment by midday (at the latest) and there is nowhere in the building we can store our gear, any idea of anywhere we can stash our bags until the evening?

Would a hotel take in luggage for people not staying there (and would they know??)

Suggestions appreciated

Ta

ablarc
August 7th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Would a hotel take in luggage for people not staying there
Almost certainly not. Would you feel safe staying in a hotel that did this?

(and would they know??)
Do you want to risk missing your plane to find out?

milleniumcab
August 9th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Assuming we're leaving the apartment by midday (at the latest) and there is nowhere in the building we can store our gear, any idea of anywhere we can stash our bags until the evening?

Suggestions appreciated
Ta

That's a tough one... It might be a stupid suggestion but how about places like " Manhattan MIni Storage".. I know there is one in Chelsea...You can get a small hole in the wall for about $30 .. Bring your own lock to save money..

Again I don't know how desperate you are to store the luggage but it might work for you...Can't think of anythingelse.. Good luck..

P.S. If you decide to take my advice, rent the space the day before as it can take some time to finish all the paperwork and find out how quick is the check out...

lofter1
August 10th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Or ship your suitcase home ...