PDA

View Full Version : any good restaurant with the water view?

cooldudeny
August 14th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Hi

ok so when i decided that i will be taken to my gf to rivercafe i have a new problem now my cousin are visitin me from australia and i need to take them to a nice restaurant which have a nice water view or the view of the manhattan

need some ideas or views

thanks

Spoon
August 15th, 2006, 03:07 PM
with views of manhattan: Hoboken has three: Trinity, 340 Grill and The Quays. Best food of the three is 340 Grill. you have Chart house in Wehawkeen.

There is a place in battery park city that is outside and has a view of the statue of Liberty. It is right next to Pier A.

Ninjahedge
August 15th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Beat me to it.

There are a few more uptown, one on the Shipyard development up near 14th street, and another that has a partially unobstructed rooftop view called City Bistro.

shocka
August 15th, 2006, 04:08 PM
In Long Island City:

Riverview Restaurant in the Avalon Riverview Building
2-01 50th Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101-5739

and

Water's Edge
44th Drive, Long Island City, NY 11101

Riverview is pretty good and if you request a window seat you will have a great view of NYC and Gantry Park

I have been to waters edge a very long time ago and if i remember correctly they had an outdoor patio on the water.

milleniumcab
August 15th, 2006, 11:30 PM
http://www.thewaterclub.com

I can't tell from personal experience but The Water Club is supposed to be good..

milleniumcab
August 15th, 2006, 11:43 PM
For your kuz, do you have to go so fancy?...

My niece is enjoying her visit right now.... I took her to Grimaldi's Pizzeria for what I believe the best pizza in town, had ice cream from The Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory on the water and to top it all off, for the coffee, we walked to Montagu Street by the Brooklyn Heights Promenade to enjoy the best view of Lower Manhattan...;)..

cooldudeny
August 16th, 2006, 10:28 PM
For your kuz, do you have to go so fancy?...

My niece is enjoying her visit right now.... I took her to Grimaldi's Pizzeria for what I believe the best pizza in town, had ice cream from The Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory on the water and to top it all off, for the coffee, we walked to Montagu Street by the Brooklyn Heights Promenade to enjoy the best view of Lower Manhattan...;)..

nah i dont have to go fancy atall