PDA

View Full Version : Gun Crime in New York City

Gregory Tenenbaum
August 15th, 2006, 06:49 AM
I for one have never seen a crim brandishing a gun anywhere near Manhattan (except in a few movies).

You think that criminals (or soccer moms for that matter) dont have guns when sometimes they do. In their jacket. In their purse.

In their tightly closed fist?

http://www.swissminigun.com/

I don't know where you can buy one of these but I suspect it will be at the same place they sell Barbie dolls.

ablarc
August 15th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Problem with that gun is you can only use it to actually shoot someone; you can't deter or threaten with it because no one will take it seriously; it looks like a toy.

ZippyTheChimp
August 15th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Aw, that's a sissy gun.

Get an M1911 .45. The single stack magazine gives it a very flat profile, so easily carried. But it's big. Whip it out, and you'll scare off anone but a complete idiot, who you can put on his ass with one round.

If you're so inclined. :)

ablarc
August 15th, 2006, 01:38 PM
I used to hear gunfights nightly. That gun of yours, Zippy, sounds like one of the participants in my nightly sound show: periodic and deliberate baritone booms, like the sound of doom. The other was short, staccato bursts that suggested a dinky machine gun. A winner emerged after about eight months. The winning side was Jamaican.

Never did find out which gun was used by the winners, since obviously both fell silent at the same time.

MikeKruger
August 16th, 2006, 09:58 AM
If I could afford them, I'd pack a baby Beretta in my jeans and a mini Uzi in my coat.

ablarc
August 16th, 2006, 11:25 AM
...and then you could go out and look for a place to use them!

MikeKruger
August 16th, 2006, 11:42 AM
:p neah I ain't looking for trouble. just in case.
but since it's so hard to get a concealed license in NY, it's all fantasy talk.