PDA

View Full Version : lots of advice needed please!

anna
August 23rd, 2006, 08:43 AM
hi
me and my husband are staying in NY for new years eve for 4 nights and want to make the most of our stay and see the normal type of stuff.
we are staying near the empire state and Penn is our nearsest metro

is there a nice resaturant in this area that anyone can reccommend for NY's eve? that will 'do' somthing to celabrate new years?

also is it possible to walk round the whole china town, little italy area happily or is it a case of metro hopping?
i'd like to almost spilt the days in two....mornings one area, afternoons another but not sure if im being deluded into thinking its a shorther distance than it is?

also are there any funky / wierd / unusal type places to go for a beer? nothing to odd, but i like to go the bizzare places

finally what is the best way to make the most of such a short time?

any advice on ANYTHING would be great

thanks so much

anna

Ninjahedge
August 23rd, 2006, 09:26 AM
Well, the only thing I can say is bring boots. There is usually no snow in NYC by that time, but all you need is one freak storm to make walking around NYC rather difficult.

Also, dress warmly. The breezes here can be brutal if they are blowing in the right direction (wind tunnel like effect).

As for beer, there is a thread somewhere on here that you may be able to find using the "search" feature at the top. I think there are several pages of recommendations there...

And as for restaurants, I will leave that to the resident food-hounds here!

Hope you enjoy your stay! (And, BTW, it is better to find some indoor party NEAR times square than to stand outside in the cold for 6-10 hours. I would start looking now if you have not already! ;) )

ryan
August 23rd, 2006, 09:44 AM
Anna, you can walk around Chinatown and Little Italy together - they're both compact and right next to each other.