PDA

View Full Version : Where is your ideal proposal spot in all of NY

FrankHegly
August 27th, 2006, 03:44 AM
If you where going to propose or be proposed to what is your ideal spot?

I am looking for ideas as my original plan aint going to work....thanks in advance

sean
August 27th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Who's the lucky girl?

I'm not the most romantic guy but check out Brooklyn Bridge Park. Hopefully soon it will be open after dusk for that great view of downtown. Or with the holiday season you could always do the Rockefeller Center thing under the tree. Good luck man.

LOVE-NYC
August 29th, 2006, 02:24 PM
hmmm, definitely anything with a view on the brooklyn bridge is romantic or the top of the rockefeller center would be another amazing place...!

FrankHegly
August 30th, 2006, 03:08 AM
Now im just confused.....both great ideas, but i suppose both are weather dependant, do u have any ideas for if the weather is bad?

Front_Porch
August 30th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Check to make sure they're open, and if the weather's bad, you'll just have views of mist .. . but it is cool-looking and I saw a successful proposal there a few years ago . . .

ps: drinks can run you $17 each

FrankHegly
August 30th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Check to make sure they're open, and if the weather's bad, you'll just have views of mist .. . but it is cool-looking and I saw a successful proposal there a few years ago . . .

ps: drinks can run you $17 each

can i go for just drinks....$17 dolars is this expensive or average?

lofter1
August 30th, 2006, 04:06 PM
$17 / drink is really expensive for a cocktail in Manhattan -- unless you're drinking top-of-the-shelf liquor.

Many newer bars do charge $10 - $12 / drink -- which is why I does most o' me drinkin' at home.

FrankHegly
August 31st, 2006, 08:29 AM
$17 / drink is really expensive for a cocktail in Manhattan -- unless you're drinking top-of-the-shelf liquor.

Many newer bars do charge $10 - $12 / drink -- which is why I does most o' me drinkin' at home.

Is New York quite expensive in general then??
Will $3000 be enough for a week or should i take more?

Thanks

Hof
September 18th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Last summer,my daughter bought a round of Beck's for me at a bar across from the UN.It tasted so good we got another.
The tab was $48.00.

I can't remember the name of the place,but I don't reccomend it anyway.

FrankHegly
September 18th, 2006, 09:49 AM
I can't remember the name of the place,but I don't reccomend it anyway....??

Dear god man...im not excpecting to have to get her drunk to say yes... :confused: