PDA

View Full Version : Transportation Help

coach
August 27th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Hi there,
ill be staying in times square for a few days. don't want to waste time trying to figure out how to go to each place on public transportation.
I will be in West 41 st...
so i need to go to these places:

Filene's Basement, Century 21, Diamond District, and Canal street
Can someone give me detailed directions on how to go from one location to the next, starting at West 41st street?

Thanks so much!!!

ruffisp
August 27th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Check out http://www.hopstop.com.

WinStreak
August 27th, 2006, 08:59 PM
awesome website...i was trying to figure out the best way to get from a place in howard beach to the city without having to go through the JFK AirTrain.

iranmeba
August 29th, 2006, 01:54 AM
ok well getting to canal street and century 21 is really easy from times square, to get to canal all you do is find a down town subway with the red numbers (1,2, or 3) and take it down untill you get to the canal street station. to get to century 21 you do the same but ride for a few more blocks, i cant remember what street it is on but it is near the south sea port so from time square you have to get onto either a 2 or 3 because near south manhatten the trains go in opposite directions. i dont reall.y know how to get to the other places but most new yorkers are pretty cool when u ask them for directions, they are used to tourists.

Front_Porch
August 29th, 2006, 11:39 AM
to get to canal all you do is find a down town subway with the red numbers (1,2, or 3) and take it down untill you get to the canal street station.

Due to track work the "red" lines are all messed up -- the express (2,3) is generally running local, which means it will go from Times Square to Canal, but the local (1) is generally running express, which means it will NOT stop at Canal when you think it will . . . listen for announcements!

ali r.