PDA

View Full Version : TSO and NYC-A few questions

Abylene
September 2nd, 2006, 02:51 PM
Hi all :)

Hoping for some tips as I try to plan a visit to NYC Dec. 21, 2006 to see TSO and NYC. Will be arriving in NJ on the 20th.

Me and youngest daughter (14) will be seeing TSO in East Rutherford, NJ, but we also want to see all the usual NY sights-Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Empire State Building, Broadway, Off-Broadway, shopping (for hip, young 14-year old girl lol) etc....

My question is should we stay in NJ and travel into the city each day, and if so, what's the best way to get there and back....or stay in the city and travel to NJ just that one nite for the TSO concert?

I'm thinking it's cheaper, maybe, to stay in NJ, but not sure.

Any help and suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and confused in South Texas! LOL
:)

Derek2k3
September 2nd, 2006, 03:01 PM
I wonder how many people will view this post to find out what TSO means.

Anyway, it'll be a lot of work to drive to Manhattan everyday with the tolls + traffic + parking. Maybe you can find a hotel in between where you can take mass trans. to Manhattan and still drive to the TSO concert.

Abylene
September 2nd, 2006, 03:05 PM
I wonder how many people will view this post to find out what TSO means.

Anyway, it'll be a lot of work to drive to Manhattan everyday with the tolls + traffic + parking. Maybe you can find a hotel in between where you can take mass trans. to Manhattan and still drive to the TSO concert.

LOL You're right about the TSO thing. Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Big fan of Chris Caffery and that's our main reason for going.

No way am I driving. A place in between is a good idea. :) So now my question is...what's in between? LOL Where abouts would be a good central location?

Thanks!

OmegaNYC
September 2nd, 2006, 03:53 PM
Maybe somewhere in Midtown. You can take a bus or a train out to the Meadowlands. ( I think). :rolleyes: