PDA

View Full Version : soccer in new york

delboy
September 3rd, 2006, 07:25 AM
first of all hello to everyone on the site and thankyou for such good info. I am from the UK and although i have never been to new york it is a place that has always been in my heart. I recently decided to follow my dream of moving there and am now into my first steps by going to university in 12 days. I am doing a sports coaching degree and its my hopes to move to NY and run soccer schools for poor/ dis advantaged children in the city. I would greatly value any advice! thankyou in advance delboy

Ruby_85
September 3rd, 2006, 08:58 AM
Sorry cant help you, being a fellow brit! surprised you call it soccer though! Anyways, have fun at uni x

delboy
September 3rd, 2006, 09:32 AM
hi only because I know thats what it is called in the US, thanks sure it will be fun!

yure323
September 3rd, 2006, 12:38 PM
you should go to www.bigsoccer.com (http://www.bigsoccer.com) and visit the New York Red Bulls board, there should be plenty of people there who can help you out.

delboy
September 3rd, 2006, 12:54 PM
thanks thats a great help !!!

delboy
September 3rd, 2006, 01:02 PM
Do you think that this is a good idea that can take off and help kids as I am well aware that soccer is not the most popular sport in thae US, have other people done this much?

To slightly change the subject thanks to stern for the reply to serg in the harlem crime post, had me laughing out load, brilliant !!!!