PDA

View Full Version : Connection Alternative between NY & NJ

strikerino
September 3rd, 2006, 01:58 PM
http://us.a2.yahoofs.com/groups/g_15343983/abca/__sr_/5d4f.jpg?groE1.EB3QLrxce8
I think it would be a good idea to build a bridge tunnel like the one across the Chesapeake Bay.
I think it would be great to have a bridge tunnel crossing new york bay from new jersey to brooklyn, it would relieve a lot of the traffic towards NY, easy access to JFK and Long Island.

STT757
September 20th, 2006, 10:29 PM
I was thinking about this, to help relieve some traffic off local Interstates like I-95 a Car only toll road from New England to Florida would be great. It would by-pass the cities (NYC, Washington DC, Philadelphia etc.), it also would bridge a couple of water ways to cut the travel times of several sectors.

For instance connect the Eastern end of Long Island with either Connecticut or Rhode Island with a bridge/tunnel like the Chesapeake Bay bridge/tunnel, next connect Brooklyn or Western most Nassau County with Northern Monmouth County NJ connecting with the Garden State Parkway via a tunnel/bridge again like the Chesapeake Bay.

Travelers would travel down the Garden State Parkway to Cape May where a large bridge would be built to carry travelers across to Delaware (by-passing Philadelphia and Washington DC). They would travel across Delaware and Maryland across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge into the Norfolk Virginia Beach area, from there the road would hug the North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia coast lines.

This car only toll road would go from New England, across Long Island, across Lower NY Harbor/Raritan Bay to connect with the Garden State Parkway, across the Delaware river from Cape May to Delaware, across the existing Chesapeake Bay bridge and travel South from there along dedicated car only toll road closer to the Carolina's and Georgia coastlines than I-95, through to Orlando Florida.

This would cut hours off people's drives on a number of different sectors.

Bob
September 24th, 2006, 10:08 AM
NEPA. "Environmentalists." Lawyers. NIMBY types. Nothing will be built.

ablarc
September 24th, 2006, 10:35 AM
NEPA. "Environmentalists." Lawyers. NIMBY types. Nothing will be built.
Too bad we're not in Japan.

STT757's route should include a bullet train.

ZippyTheChimp
September 24th, 2006, 08:39 PM
It should be only a bullet train.