PDA

View Full Version : Castle Village rentals?!

ElectricShock8890
September 17th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Hi,im new to the forum. I have been wondering for the longest time,does Castle Village rent? and i was wondering if they did what it goes for such as; a 2 bed with a den and terrace for around 2,000? i was born and raised in Inwood and know the heights very well,im currently living in Riverdale and im very intrested in Castle Village ever since i was a young boy when my aunt lived there. i really would like to move there,but i can only rent. PS i know the area outside of CV is pretty rough. so may be it would be a little cheaper then riverdale thanks chris

babaganouch1
October 10th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Have you recently been to the area where Castle Village is located? I would not describe the immediate neighborhood as "rough"--it's changed considerably in the last 5-6 years with new trendier restaurants, gourmet market, starbucks, spa, etc. joining the area.

In any case, Castle Village is not a rental but a co-op. This means that you might be able to sublet for up to 3 years max from an owner but you will still have to be approved by the co-op board.

I do not have the current monthly rent for a 2-bedroom+den, but I highly doubt that any can be had for $2k. I believe 2K/mo was what they were charging back in 1997 when maintenance fees alone were at least 30% lower, not to mention property values, which were about 1/4 of what they are today.

Front_Porch
October 10th, 2006, 10:38 AM
A 2-BR rental in Castle Village would run you closer to $2,500. As already mentioned, they are sublets and they don't come up very often.

I don't work up there: I'd 1) go to Castlevillage.org and call the sales agent and ask he/she to keep his ears open and 2) check in with the local
Washington Heights agents

GL!

ali r.
{downtown agent}