PDA

View Full Version : skyscrapercity.com..

ati_m
September 19th, 2006, 12:50 PM
What has happened to skyscrapercity.com? I have been unable to connect to the site for more than a week now... :confused:

Is it same for you?

virtualchoirboy
September 19th, 2006, 04:34 PM
same here.

Ninjahedge
September 19th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Upgrading server. Please return later.

Seems like they had problems, aside from uninformed trolls posting willy nilly on the board about things they think they know a lot about.... ;)

SilentPandaesq
September 19th, 2006, 06:02 PM
What? you mean that Dubai is not the greatest city known to man, China is not better at everything, Americans don't suck, and New York City is not "over". You lie. What makes you lie like that....

Ninjahedge
September 19th, 2006, 06:52 PM
You lie. What makes you lie like that....

The fact that I can't sleep standing up.

SilentPandaesq
September 20th, 2006, 09:21 AM
^^ Well, that is why NYC is "over", in Dubai....there are guys that can sleep standing up...NYC is so Boxy...not enough neon.

virtualchoirboy
September 20th, 2006, 03:02 PM
i think the site is great and they had pretty pictures :).

Seriously though, I used that site more as an international reference. This site is more localized. Im pulling for Dubai, my brother's company designed the marina and a couple other things. In fact, they opened a satellite office.

SilentPandaesq
September 20th, 2006, 03:19 PM
^^ you get a lot of updates of random places there.

However, you generally have to wade through loads of nationalistic (by Americans and others) to get to said pictures. On top of that, there is a preoccupation with the size of a building as opposed to the quality of the building. These criticisms have been made before, so I will stop here.

Nice pics though.