PDA

View Full Version : New here

pacz
September 25th, 2006, 10:20 PM
This could be such a great site, but why is everything so dated?

OmegaNYC
September 25th, 2006, 11:44 PM
What do you mean about "dated"?^^^^

lofter1
September 25th, 2006, 11:50 PM
This could be such a great site, but why is everything so dated?
It's an old town :cool:

Schadenfrau
September 26th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Again: dated? That's not exactly a complaint I'd expect coming from someone championing the food at Mercer Kitchen and the shopping at Tommy Hilfiger's in "SOHO."

lofter1
September 26th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Are you implying ^^^ that Hilfiger is passe?

After all his flagship store in SoHo, formerly a pristine white ...

http://kids.tommy.com/media/img/stores/featuredStores/soho/soho_image.jpg

has just been UPDATED with a coat of au courant and edgy urban charcoal grey ...

pianoman11686
September 26th, 2006, 02:18 AM
But they sell Hilfiger at Wal-Mart now. Need I say more? :D

pacz
September 26th, 2006, 08:57 AM
By dated, I mean that many posts are dated back to 2003. Didn't meam to offend anyone.

Ninjahedge
September 26th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Well, the thing is, how is this site BAD because it has many posts that go back so far?

Especially if people keep posting to them?

If all the posts started in 2K3 and before and noone had posted to them for 6 months or so, then the sitre would be dead and would not be a lot of fun to read.

But just because the memorial thread is not a new thread every time something happens does not mean that new items are not posted on the old thread.

Sometimes it takes a bit of patiebce to go through 100+ pages of back-thread to catch up, but you don't always need to do that. Just read back 10 pages or so to catch up on the latest and you will get most of what is currently happening....

ravishinglylow
September 26th, 2006, 09:54 AM
But they sell Hilfiger at Wal-Mart now. Need I say more? :D
I don't know which Wal-Mart you visit, but I can assure you that they do not sell any Hilfiger-esque clothing. :)

OmegaNYC
September 26th, 2006, 12:57 PM
I don't know which Wal-Mart you visit, but I can assure you that they do not sell any Hilfiger-esque clothing. :)

Maybe K-Mart? ;)

ravishinglylow
September 26th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Maybe K-Mart? ;)
Salvation Army! ;)

pianoman11686
September 26th, 2006, 02:15 PM

I don't shop at Wal-Mart, so I wouldn't know. I remember hearing about it a while ago, and it probably hasn't materialized yet. Still, if you do a Google search for Walmart Hilfiger, you'll see plenty of articles like this one:

Walmart Crashes the Fashion Party (http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/sep2005/nf20050928_0997_db016.htm)

daver
October 2nd, 2006, 09:44 AM
I got my Hilfiger jeans and jacket at a thrift shop, secondhand. I bought a slew of brand new Hilfiger shirts at Costco for under $20 a pop (4work), so I'm gonna have to go with passť. Of course this forces me to out myself as totally passť, but I'm OK with that.

Kinda.

:D