PDA

View Full Version : Where to get the list of companies to apply for intership?

cooldudeny
October 3rd, 2006, 09:33 PM
Hi i have a question my gf is goin to school for business administration
in california and now she is lookin to get summer internship in newyork
and for that i need to know where i can find the list of the corporations or big companies who are based out of new york or they have corporate offices in new york

i need your help to make that list so that she can start applying for the internship so that she can be with me i m searching too but if i can get help from you guys then it will be gr8

thanks

Schadenfrau
October 4th, 2006, 12:30 AM
What is she looking to intern in? "Business Administration" is a really vague and useless phrase.

pianoman11686
October 4th, 2006, 12:52 AM
I assume he means Master of Business Administration (MBA).

cooldude, you've posed a similar question to us before, and I have to say, I'm confused. I go to school too (undergraduate), and there are companies who constantly hold information sessions here for interested students. Usually, sessions and interviews for graduating seniors are in the early fall (right now), and for underclassmen looking to intern, the same process starts at the beginning of spring semester. If your GF goes to business school, it would sound weird that she needs outside help, as most big financial companies do have major offices in New York. For my school, which is in North Carolina, 25% of all graduates start out working in NYC, most of them in the finance industry.

That being said, here's a quick off the top of my head list if companies that are either headquarted in, or have major offices in, New York City. Most of these recruit at my school:

Citigroup
JP Morgan
UBS
Wachovia
Goldman Sachs
Merrill Lynch
Lehman Brothers
Bear Stearns
RBS Group
Deutsche Bank

Hope that helps.

shocka
October 4th, 2006, 09:12 AM
http://www.vault.com

MrSpice
October 4th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Hi i have a question my gf is goin to school for business administration
in california and now she is lookin to get summer internship in newyork
and for that i need to know where i can find the list of the corporations or big companies who are based out of new york or they have corporate offices in new york

i need your help to make that list so that she can start applying for the internship so that she can be with me i m searching too but if i can get help from you guys then it will be gr8

thanks

I would think that the best way for his gf to apply would be through her school's career office. Sending your resume to the firms directly rarely produces any results. Sometimes, the large firms participate in career fairs. That's how I got my first job at a large Wall St firm. Most large financial, advertizing, fashion and publishing companies have significant presense in New York. That list would be very long. To pianoman11686's the following firms can be added: Viocom/CBS, AXA, Prudential, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America, HSBC, Simoin and Schuster, S&P, Moody's, etc.

macreator
October 4th, 2006, 04:33 PM
http://www.vault.com

I second Vault. They've got some great buzz books with inside info about various companies. You should grab their Top Internships book.

cooldudeny
October 4th, 2006, 11:14 PM
I assume he means Master of Business Administration (MBA).

cooldude, you've posed a similar question to us before, and I have to say, I'm confused. I go to school too (undergraduate), and there are companies who constantly hold information sessions here for interested students. Usually, sessions and interviews for graduating seniors are in the early fall (right now), and for underclassmen looking to intern, the same process starts at the beginning of spring semester. If your GF goes to business school, it would sound weird that she needs outside help, as most big financial companies do have major offices in New York. For my school, which is in North Carolina, 25% of all graduates start out working in NYC, most of them in the finance industry.

That being said, here's a quick off the top of my head list if companies that are either headquarted in, or have major offices in, New York City. Most of these recruit at my school:

Citigroup
JP Morgan
UBS
Wachovia
Goldman Sachs
Merrill Lynch
Lehman Brothers
Bear Stearns
RBS Group
Deutsche Bank

Hope that helps.

hey thanks but all these companies are ibanking companies and my gf she is a undergrad students and i m sorry if i said was something wrong coz my education is from outside usa so i m kinda dont know but she was talkin to me that there are not too many companies that are offering the intership in finance or managment in california so i thought if i can help her out

i hope you can understand my situtation right now

thanks