PDA

View Full Version : lower manhattan hotel/brooklyn bridge info needed

ct30girl
October 6th, 2006, 12:06 AM
i want to take a spontaneous trip to ny next week to photograph and walk across the brooklyn bridge. how long of a walk is it all the way across, if i stop to take pictures?

i'd also like to check out the statue of liberty and maybe check out chinatown and little italy. can anybody recommend a family-friendly hotel in the area, for between $150-$200/night?

ablarc
October 6th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Can't beat the Cosmopolitan Tribeca for location, cleanness, convenience and price: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d93351-Reviews-Cosmopolitan_Hotel_Tribeca-New_York_City_New_York.html

tdp
October 7th, 2006, 05:41 AM
i want to take a spontaneous trip to ny next week to photograph and walk across the brooklyn bridge. how long of a walk is it all the way across, if i stop to take pictures?

It's quite a trek from the beginning of the 'on' ramp to the Brooklyn side - probably about 2k from end-to-end - but so rewarding. Be sure to find your way to the Brooklyn Bridge Park for the classic shot with the bridge in the foreground with the lower Manhattan skyline as a backdrop.
Afterwards, make your way to the South Street Seaport for some 'retail therapy'!

ablarc
October 8th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Finding the bridge's pedestrian entrance is a bit more of a chore than it should be.