PDA

View Full Version : Urgent!

Mac6
October 13th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Me and my husband are flying to America tomorrow from Scotland and on on Monday we are getting a Greyhound Bus from Maryland to New York. We will be staying at Hotel Chandler which is on East 31st street in Murray Hill. Does anyone know what the nearest stop would be to this hotel. I know this is a long shot but I'm not sure how else to find out. If I had the name of a terminal then I could ask the driver to tell me when we get there. Thats what you would do on the bus in Scotland. Maybe its different over there? Any advice would be really helpful!
Thanks
xx

ManhattanKnight
October 13th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Me and my husband are flying to America tomorrow from Scotland and on on Monday we are getting a Greyhound Bus from Maryland to New York. We will be staying at Hotel Chandler which is on East 31st street in Murray Hill. Does anyone know what the nearest stop would be to this hotel. I know this is a long shot but I'm not sure how else to find out. If I had the name of a terminal then I could ask the driver to tell me when we get there. Thats what you would do on the bus in Scotland. Maybe its different over there? Any advice would be really helpful!
Thanks
xx

It is different over here. A Greyhound bus coming to NYC from Maryland will almost certainly enter Manhattan through the Lincoln Tunnel, which connects directly to the Port Authority Bus Terminal, located at West 42nd Street and 8th Avenue. That would be its only stop in Manhattan.

pacz
October 13th, 2006, 12:39 PM
My guess is if you are taking a Greyhound Bus, it will let off all passengers at Port Authority, which is on 8th and 42nd St. (west side). The easiest way to get to your hotel from there is to take a cab, especially with all your luggage. The will be many cabs waiting for passengers in the front of Port Authority. Have a great trip and enjoy NYC!:)

Mac6
October 13th, 2006, 12:45 PM
:) :) :)
Thank you guys soooooo much!
I had an idea that Port Authority would be the way to go but you know its hard to gage the distances from here!
We have approx 5 million people in Scotland and I hear New york is nearer to 19 million. I can't actually comprehend that at all!
Thank you so much for your advice!
Eilidh x

Schadenfrau
October 13th, 2006, 12:50 PM
It's a short cab ride. Just stand on the taxi line outside Port Authority, and once you've got a cab, you'll be at the hotel within ten minutes.

Mac6
October 13th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Thanks very much. You've been really kind to help me.
x

ManhattanKnight
October 13th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Try to get seats on the right side of your bus -- if the weather's clear, you'll have a spectacular view of Manhattan during the last couple of miles before the bus enters the tunnel.

antinimby
October 13th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Either side of the bus should provide you with opportunities (particularly the left side when you get close) to see the Midtown skyline because the roadway spirals just before the toll booths. This is one area where you actually want to have a little traffic so that you can get a good look.