PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new!!

Miss India
October 13th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm currently studying at high school in North-west England and it is sooo boring. I cannot possibly stand to stay here for university and I would love to go to New York to study law. Yes I know it's a bit early but I am even thinking of what type of apartment I'll live in! Apparently land is very expensive there - that's rather annoying, but it would do.
Are there many good unis in new york?!

antinimby
October 13th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Welcome.

Yes there are very pretigious law schools in New York. There is no shortage of law firms and lawyers in this city.

Miss India
October 16th, 2006, 01:45 AM
Welcome.

Yes there are very pretigious law schools in New York. There is no shortage of law firms and lawyers in this city.
Thankyou.

As a foreigner, do you think there is a chance I could get in? For my GCSEs Im predicting 5 A*'s 4 A's and probably a B (maths :rolleyes: ) - do they require all A*'s?
Also, I wanted to go where there is a lot of work so that I wouldn't have to spend ages finding a job as a barrister - is there much competition?

LeCom
October 20th, 2006, 05:29 PM
You should have a pretty good chance of getting in; the true question is whether you can afford it.

ManhattanKnight
October 20th, 2006, 06:32 PM
You say that you are still a high school student. In the US, unlike some other countries, as a general rule, law schools admit only students who have obtained undergraduate college degrees (which, in most cases, requires 4 years of study after high school).

lofter1
October 20th, 2006, 06:52 PM
I wanted to go where there is a lot of work so that I wouldn't have to spend ages finding a job as a barrister - is there much competition?

Competition between lawyers in the US?

They'll pick your pocket & stab you in the back -- and then ask, "How are the wife and kids?"

MidtownGuy
October 20th, 2006, 09:12 PM
I think she meant finding a job as a barrister.

Miss India
October 22nd, 2006, 04:25 PM
Competition between lawyers in the US?

They'll pick your pocket & stab you in the back -- and then ask, "How are the wife and kids?"

hehe cool!