PDA

View Full Version : Why Did You Move To Ny?

NYC244
October 13th, 2006, 10:37 PM
i mean all the questions are about moving...so my question to you is-what made you move here?
not everyone is here for the same reason.share your story!;)

shocka
October 16th, 2006, 01:17 AM
some 20+ years ago, my parents decided nigeria was not the ideal place ot bring up a child, and my dad refused to move back to India so they figured lets try NY.

How we ended up in Queens.. we knew someone who had a studio in Rego Park that hooked us up til we got on our feet.

lofter1
October 16th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Shocka: Are you ^^^ actually "homeless" these days ?

michelle1
October 16th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Only ...there is a TON more energy here. So many cool things to do that you canít even possibly do them all, so many companies headquartered here that money seems downright easy to come by, and so many people that you can hardly avoid making new friends every time you step out of your apartment.

Schadenfrau
October 16th, 2006, 11:40 AM
I moved here to attend college in the area, then stayed here for work.

I also moved to New York because I wanted to be cold and "snobby," not bubbly and fun like all of those sexy California girls with bleached hair and implants. I was really hoping to meet a man with good pick-up lines and a HUGE income, just like all you men have been posting about lately. You caught me!

ryan
October 16th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Schadenfrau, you make me feel a bit heterosexual.

Schadenfrau
October 16th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Show me the bank account, Ryan.

shocka
October 16th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Shocka: Are you ^^^ actually "homeless" these days ?

Well I do not have a place of my own any more. I lived in Astoria then my roommate moved and instead of finding a roommate, I decided to buy something so until I find something I stay with the parents in good ole Long Island.

In addition now I find myself staying over friends places on the weekend, and with work I travel alot and wake up in a hotel room in various cities so I really do not have any sense of home at this point.

NYC244
October 16th, 2006, 09:06 PM
I moved here to attend college in the area, then stayed here for work.

I also moved to New York because I wanted to be cold and "snobby," not bubbly and fun like all of those sexy California girls with bleached hair and implants. I was really hoping to meet a man with good pick-up lines and a HUGE income, just like all you men have been posting about lately. You caught me!

so..are you cali girl????
what part? i use to be san franciscan..and blonde!
now i am nyorker and burgundy!
:cool: