PDA

View Full Version : New York City Clothing Styles???

ironmike9110
October 15th, 2006, 12:24 AM
----

NYC244
October 15th, 2006, 02:55 PM
you don't have to be rich.there's so many fakes out here,like nowhere else...:D

NYC244
October 15th, 2006, 02:59 PM
there're lots of drjays stores around though... most of it is not my style,but if you think of that first pic as soon as you open the link-that's cool.
if you have to hold your pants from falling the whole time,then -to me-that's ugly.i like different type of men.i mean with different styles.
hope some guy will clue you in on what you wanna know!
where are you right now?

gman32888
October 15th, 2006, 03:39 PM
If your looking for a casual look go with banana republic. Your gonna pay about $500 or so for 6 shirts and 6 pants.

If your looking for a more Urban look you can go check out a few of the names on the left hand side of the site that you posted. Rocawear/ sean john/ Phat farm.

If your looking for a preppy look you can go to hollister / Abercrombie/ J Crew
Pretty much the same prices as banana with hollister being a little cheaper.

If your looking for a sharp city look for going to night clubs....etc You can look into Fcuk, Diesel, Armani Exchange. Diesel is a little expensive but you can get things on sale. Fcuk and Armani are the same prices as Banana pretty much.

If you looking for the latest styles you can go to one of these stores. If you can't afford those I'd suggest you go to the mall and check stuff out. The best way to shop is buying Spring stuff at the end of the summer when its on sale and buy winter stuff at the end of the spring when its on sale.

Brooklyns style depends on the area pretty much. However just looking good in the cloths you buy is the key.

NYC244
October 15th, 2006, 04:59 PM
If your looking for a casual look go with banana republic. Your gonna pay about $500 or so for 6 shirts and 6 pants.

If your looking for a more Urban look you can go check out a few of the names on the left hand side of the site that you posted. Rocawear/ sean john/ Phat farm.

If your looking for a preppy look you can go to hollister / Abercrombie/ J Crew
Pretty much the same prices as banana with hollister being a little cheaper.

If your looking for a sharp city look for going to night clubs....etc You can look into Fcuk, Diesel, Armani Exchange. Diesel is a little expensive but you can get things on sale. Fcuk and Armani are the same prices as Banana pretty much.

If you looking for the latest styles you can go to one of these stores. If you can't afford those I'd suggest you go to the mall and check stuff out. The best way to shop is buying Spring stuff at the end of the summer when its on sale and buy winter stuff at the end of the spring when its on sale.

Brooklyns style depends on the area pretty much. However just looking good in the cloths you buy is the key.

i prefer sharp city look.on a man and on a woman.
do you all agree with me,when i say that he has to dress to impress certain type of women too???

MikeKruger
October 16th, 2006, 01:00 PM
wearing baggy clothes, you can bag more Ipods....38 is the record, I think it's a police record too ;)

NewYorkJets
October 16th, 2006, 03:34 PM
This: lol

http://www.dmxworld.com/images/dmx_video.jpg

and stuff like this:
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/3135/b000675kh003lzzzzzzz9xd.jpg
:rolleyes:

macreator
October 16th, 2006, 04:02 PM
I'm pretty cool with whatever people wear, but the whole baggy pants thing where I've seen guys literally struggling to not trip over themselves as they hold their pants up is just plain bizarre. I prefer a more tailored look even if it just means buying pants and shirts that actually fit you.

ironmike9110
October 16th, 2006, 07:39 PM
-

sean
October 17th, 2006, 09:51 PM
dude, stop posting.

what clothes should you wear? the ones you look good in
what music should you listen to? the type you enjoy
what neighborhood should you live in? the one you can afford

there, i just answered this thread and the next 2 you were gonna start.

seriously, they should make a movie about you coming to NYC. its gonna be halarious. how different from PA do you think NYC is, anyway? do you think we're like aliens or something? you think 200 miles north people wear space suits?

you know what, maybe i should be more helpful. you wanna fit in to your beloved Bay Ridge neighborhood, where your Italian American folklore heroes once roamed the earth many years ago? Go to the mall, get yourself some hiphop gear, anything that was designed by a rapper or producer. 90% of the white kids wear it. You will look so cool, girls will be all over you and all the guys will want to be your friend.

There, I hope I helped.

LeCom
October 18th, 2006, 03:23 AM
For street wear, it really doesn't matter what you have. So many people flat out look like shit, especially outside trendy neighborhoods. If a guy on the subway has dirt all over his face, people rarely even look twice. Just make sure you don't dress like a bum where it matters, like at work, social events, etc.

NewYorkCityBoy
November 2nd, 2006, 08:15 PM
So lets say i move to Bay Ridge. If im white and wearing urban clothes (NOT BAGGY, i just like the styles and colors, but i wear them so they fit and it looks nice not "thug") is that cool?

I mean, i hear that Bay Ridge can* be racist and even tho im white are people there gonna get all pissy if im wearing clothes like Enyce, Rocawear, Sean John, etc because they see it as "African American clothes"???

And about those fake prada, gucci, armani, etc stores. Where can i find them, and is it obvious that the clothes are fake???

ps. from what iv been hearing, it sounds like most italians (im italian too) listen to Techno music. Do other young italians listen to rap/hip-hop or do they think thats odd? Just wondering, i mean philly is similar to new york, but im just wondering if theres some differences on these types of things...

Poor poor mike, for whatever original reason you moved to new york it is apparant that you have become truly lost. To answer your first question simply, no urban clothes do not look cool, especially if you want to make it in a town as unforgiving as the NYC. And yes it is very obvious when someone is wearing a fake brand. What you need to do is scrap the whole "urban" look and buy some suits. Very expensive very nice suits. They might bring your budget back but it is definetly worth it, trust me youll get noticed. If you need some good designers just ask me, i know them all.

and i would suggest phil collins if you want to listen to some real music

ravishinglylow
November 4th, 2006, 02:12 PM
If they sell it in NYC, then you can pretty much guarantee that it's "in".

Punzie
November 29th, 2006, 03:43 AM
i prefer sharp city look.on a man and on a woman.
do you all agree with me,when i say that he has to dress to impress certain type of women too???
I dress very casually, and I prefer to date men who dress very casually. We have to dress up for work -- we should be comfortable when we're together.:)