PDA

View Full Version : People with Phobias

Duncan
October 18th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Do You Have A Phobia?

I am a researcher working for Tiger Aspect Productions and I am in the process of finding contributors for a new television production. We are making program which explores the world of phobias. The program is tailored for an American audience and we are looking for an American who has a phobia and would like help combating the problem.
We are offering someone the chance to meet with world renowned NLP therapist with the aim of achieving this.

I was hoping you could share this information with your members to see if any of them would be interested in receiving help from our renowned expert.

If you can help with our search or know of anyone who might benefit from the program I would really appreciate it.

lofter1
October 18th, 2006, 08:44 AM
You might want to get in touch with this fellow (seemingly in fear of many things, including the truth) ...

http://www.liberalstreetfighter.com/ee/images/uploads/Bush-Fear.jpeg

ZippyTheChimp
October 18th, 2006, 09:11 AM
I have a fear of research.

Gotta go!

Ninjahedge
October 18th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Do You Have A Phobia?

I was afraid you'd ask that.

Punzie
November 2nd, 2006, 05:34 AM
Do You Have A Phobia?

I am a researcher working for Tiger Aspect Productions and I am in the process of finding contributors for a new television production. We are making program which explores the world of phobias. The program is tailored for an American audience and we are looking for an American who has a phobia and would like help combating the problem.
We are offering someone the chance to meet with world renowned NLP therapist with the aim of achieving this.

I was hoping you could share this information with your members to see if any of them would be interested in receiving help from our renowned expert.

If you can help with our search or know of anyone who might benefit from the program I would really appreciate it.
Interesting that you would come to a New York site for this...

This is a large phobia clinic one mile from my house. Just a coincidence! It's been there for years and I know a lot about it. I'm not sure I'm allowed to publicly post the name, so please PM me if you're interested. Looking at my location, you may have already guessed which one it is.

OmegaNYC
November 2nd, 2006, 01:40 PM
I suffer from what I call a "mild" case of paruresis. Don't make fun of me!!!

BigMac
November 2nd, 2006, 03:00 PM
Do You Have A Phobia?

I'm afraid not.

antinimby
November 2nd, 2006, 03:11 PM
I do but I'm not telling!

Ninjahedge
November 2nd, 2006, 03:34 PM
I fear puns.....

/me runs from thread.

Punzie
November 4th, 2006, 05:36 AM
Duncan, I hope you're still there, because I'm baring my soul to you.

In the mid-1980s, I went to a phobia clinic because I had a fear of driving over bridges. I was afraid the bridge would collapse into the water; that fear would lead to a panic attack.

I was one of the "lucky" ones who could get over the bridges despite the panic attacks. But my job required a lot of car travel, and I was always doing bridges, and it wasn't a pretty situation.

The phobia clinic had me choose a "bridge of the week" and drive over it again and again, feeling the panic, until I grew bored with the bridge. Fear to apathy -- bingo!

It's kind of embarrassing to say how many "bridges of the week" I had before my phobia was cured; let's just say that for awhile I was on a first-name basis with every toll booth collector in the New York Metropolitan Area.

The only bridge I was never able to conquer was the Verrazano Bridge. It is a hideous monster, just waiting to collapse as soon as my wheels are rolling on it. Thus I have to settle for never driving my car to Staten Island.