PDA

View Full Version : Eastern holiday, The Alex and

Forza Bajen
October 19th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Hi,

I have two things i would like to ask.
Im like to wisit NY in april (easter weekend) whit my wife. We have been to NY before in Juli and think The april weather would be better? (it was too hot in Juli)

I know NY is open 24/7 but how is it when its easter holiday?
In sweden is almost everthing closed....How is it for example whit museums, theathers, shops and resturants?

The other question. Does enyone have expiriance whit The Alex hotel? It looks nice in the webb and the (swedish) resturant Riingo looks good.

// Bajen bärs och rakade brudar

lofter1
October 19th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Easter 2007 is on April 8, which can be fantastic weather -- or can still be somewhat chilly. But if you don't like the heat of July then this will be a much better time for you to visit. Plus the crocus should be blooming in Central Park -- and maybe some daffodils.

Stores will be open for the most part.

It seems that there is hardly any day that qualifies as a "shopping holiday" in NYC anymore :(

Forza Bajen
October 24th, 2006, 04:59 AM
In sweden everything (almost) is closed on thursday april 5 and friday 6.
Is it the same in NY?

Ain't moost Americans moore religious then Europeans?

We don't wanna walk around in a closed NY (if thats realy possible:) )

Schadenfrau
October 24th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Nothing will be closed.

lofter1
October 24th, 2006, 08:56 AM

Americans are mostly religious about SHOPPING.

ablarc
October 24th, 2006, 08:59 AM

We don't wanna walk around in a closed NY (if thats realy possible:) )
They may be more religious but it doesn't keep them from pursuing a buck. Plus the government doesn't set store hours as it does in many places in Europe.

Truth is, you'll find more religious people in the South, West and Midwest, and in rural or suburban areas than you will in New York.

Forza Bajen
October 24th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Americans are mostly religious about SHOPPING.

:D I know that it's a big diffrens between Yorkers and "Americans"

It's realy good that the goverment dosen't set's stores open hours (i wounder where it's like that...East germany doesnt exist these days:) )

It's really boring here in sweden this weekend.....So NY here we come:)