PDA

View Full Version : My first visit to NY!

Rush
October 23rd, 2006, 11:31 AM
Hi!, I'll be walking through NY streets in November. I'll go alone, so i'm a bit "afraid" because I don't know what will I find or what will I do...

Just that

Ah, I'm Spanish!

SEE YA THERE

ablarc
October 23rd, 2006, 11:52 AM
You could just walk and let things appear, or you could plan an itinerary.

What interests you especially? And where will you be staying?

antinimby
October 23rd, 2006, 12:15 PM
Rush, don't worry.

Your English sounds fine and of course, Spanish is widely spoken in New York so you will feel right at home.

Just enjoy yourself.

Rush
October 23rd, 2006, 12:38 PM
Oh, i'm happy to hear that my English sounds fine...

I'm interested in two kind of things:

1. Visit the "must see" attractions, I mean, Empire State, take a walk at Brooklyn Bridge, visit some museums, take one of those free or almost free touristic boats, I WANT AND I MUST SEE A GOSPEL "CONCERT"...

2. Live the city, feel its beat, maybe go out at night at some Hard Rock bars (or any kind of bar), take a walk at Harlem which will be harder, because I go everywhere with two cams (photo and video)...

To sum up, I hope two things, see a lot and feel a lot.

THANKS!

krulltime
October 24th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Que bien! Espero que la pases muy bien en esta ciudad tan fasinante! ;)

Harlem is really big. So I recomend to go with a tour group. You will probably feel much better that way since you feel uncomfortable carrying a camera around.

Just a few sites where you can get a walking tour...

http://www.beyondtimessquare.com/harlem.htm

http://www.harlemheritage.com/walking_tours.shtml

It is worth it.

Rush
November 2nd, 2006, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the answer!

I will do just one Tour; it's called "Tour de contrastes" (in spanish) and it goes to the Bronx, Harlem, Queens... Just to get an idea of the big differences that coexist in NY. Two tours would be too much money for me!

ravishinglylow
November 4th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Hope you enjoy yourself. Keep us updated. :)