PDA

View Full Version : is there any wtc survivers on this forum?

NYC244
October 24th, 2006, 11:05 PM
and i mean,people that were actualy in one of the towers on that horrible day 5 yrs ago.is there any of them here?

sorry,but i have no clue,where on this forum i'd post this-so if it has to be moved,go ahead and do so.thx.

kliq6
October 25th, 2006, 01:57 PM
i was in 7 WTC

NYC244
October 25th, 2006, 10:45 PM
see,when they talk about this,it's always about survivors of wtc 1 and 2.the movies,documentaries,books...all about wtc 1 and 2.so,i'd like to know,were you inside of wtc 7 when twins got hit...were you just in the area...can you share your story?
because all the stories i have heard were from tv and books...didn't really know anyone who was actually there that i can talk to for real..beside my cousin(twin towers)but she left the building right after the first plane hit.she told me how terrible it was and how long she was in shock from all that she has seen there...so tell us your story if it's ok.

millertime83
October 26th, 2006, 01:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XTJ28veLn0

Here's my video from across the River. I'm glad I wasn't anwhere near there.

kliq6
October 26th, 2006, 01:19 PM
i was at a meeting with a client, heard the first bang, looked up and saw glass and other debris flying down. We stayed for a bit then the second one got hit and people started to jump, something ill never forget. This is when we got out of there

NYC244
October 26th, 2006, 09:17 PM
that's exactly what my cousin remebers the most-those people jumping(pr falling i'd rather say)from top floors of twin towers...she said,everyone out there was watching but she couldn't.that's how bad and sad it was.she said,she was terrified to go to work after that,and after what she has seen just passing that site every day...that she has to go take around two weeks off in order to get back(kid of)on the track.she still works in the same area(m.lynch).that day-her family(and us-but i was living in calif at the time)didn't know if she's alive untill sometimes early eve,when she finally was able to use her phone to call her parents...aas she says-she was fortunate enough to be on the 7th floor of second tower,so when they saw news and what's going on with the first one,they left the room immediately.
so,do you still work in the area? and if you do-how do you feel..i mean it has been 5 yrs-but still...nobody will forget,especially you ,who were so close.

NYC244
October 26th, 2006, 10:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XTJ28veLn0

Here's my video from across the River. I'm glad I wasn't anwhere near there.

thanks! i watched so many of them and each one has so much impact on me,even today after all this time.
the reason i asked this question here is because lately i've been having very strange dreams and things happening to me...and they still go on every day of this present time.if you wanna know more-please read my two posts signed by 'andrea,nyc' which are just a little piece of what's actually has been going on.
http://www.legacy.com/GB/GuestbookView.aspx?PersonID=94792

Jake
October 26th, 2006, 10:37 PM
I was in One WFC and went north through the WFC complex (most people were heading south).

My experience was a surprising mild one at first. This has to do with the fact that everything was taking place so high that even from my 28th floor office you had to look up just to get a glimpse of anything.

The jumping was just horrible, I'll never forget how at first you think it's just a piece of steel falling and then you notice the tie fluttering or whole clumps of people holding hands. The plaza was worse than any war zone I had ever imagined perhaps only comparable to the images of beaches with dozens of dead bodies after the tsunami.

I was part of an assesment team that went back a few weeks later to check what equipment we could salvage while we were setting up temporary operations elsewhere. The lobby of 1WFC was just a complete disaster zone, almost ankle deep in dust and with steel pieces lying across the stairs and escalators. There was so much glass that I had to throw out the shoes I wore as the soles had dozens of pieces stuck in them. The east side of that building looked like it got hit by a bomb with many offices just completely full of debris. Most of the complex was downright inaccesible.

It's been 5 very hard years and this issue isn't even mentioned in conversations of people who were there that day. Every once in a while some new person goes as far as crack a joke about this and is usually pissed on by everyone in the firm until they quit. People are very noticably on edge and I personally am looking for a change of scenery. I don't want to sound like I'm giving in to "terror" but being on that 8:45 subway working 8 hours in a World _____ Center building is not comforting at all. I simply wish they would cover GZ and reopen the area. It has been under every kind of construction so far and the constant feeling of "we're still fixing 9/11" stuff is tough to deal with. I don't see any kind of opportunity to really move on untill at least the site is changed.

ablarc
October 27th, 2006, 12:23 AM
I'll never forget how at first you think it's just a piece of steel falling and then you notice the tie fluttering or whole clumps of people holding hands.
Unbearably moving.

wonder
October 27th, 2006, 07:49 AM
The jumping was just horrible, I'll never forget how at first you think it's just a piece of steel falling and then you notice the tie fluttering or whole clumps of people holding hands.

Dear God. The thought of that is so moving and so disturbing that, there are no words..............

tonypolony
October 27th, 2006, 04:28 PM
from all of us in the uk, be strong, and god bless you all.

NYC244
October 28th, 2006, 08:22 PM
thanks!

Bright Lights, Big City
November 1st, 2006, 02:27 AM
It's especially difficult to put this event behind you when the consequences are still playing out across the globe and thousands of people continue to die in the wars sparked by this act of terrorism.

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the constant bloodshed occurring as a result act as a constant reminder of the World Trade attacks and the tremendous opportunity that was squandered in the ensuing bloodbath. People continue to die from suicide bombings by Islamic terrorists, in Iraq, Afghanistan, London, Madrid, and other regions of the world. The thousands of people who have lost their lives in these attacks are secondary casualties of the WTC attacks since their deaths are undeniably linked with this awful event.

Perhaps the worsy aspect of September 11th is its legacy which continues to play out in diverse regions as military and civilian casualties rise with every passing day.

How can a person ever get past something that is still going on? Maybe most of the casualties are occurring on a distant continent, but we've all learned how naive it is to believe that these "remote" events have no impact here in North America. I still try to cling to the belief that lessons can be learned from September 11th, that people will abandon violence after witnessing first hand how horrible it is when it occurs in their own backyard - but then again, such hopes are extremely naive one all one has to do is turn on the TV to see how little anyone has learned from the bloodshed.

Such a pity. But a perfect example of how violence begets violence. How the WTC attacks justify more violence is beyond me, but it is an inevitable outcome and one that will continue to shape the future of our planet and the lives of all those who were touched by the WTC attacks.

BL, BC

baz@eccose
November 1st, 2006, 04:33 PM
very brave to relive some of those terrible moments again, holds a really special place in my heart, something went in my heart that day and has never came back, feel something missing, so much resepect to you guys that were there, United We Stand.

baz

NYC244
November 1st, 2006, 05:12 PM
i don't understand why some people looking at me strange, when they see my little wtc charm on my necklace..i wear it all the time...they are always stareing at that..some asked me where did i get it and some just stare at me and my charm...i miss them.. so here they are with me all the time.:)

i don

Punzie
November 28th, 2006, 02:00 AM
i don't understand why some people looking at me strange, when they see my little wtc charm on my necklace..i wear it all the time...they are always stareing at that..some asked me where did i get it and some just stare at me and my charm...i miss them.. so here they are with me all the time.:)
It's hard to imagine that New Yorkers who were right here during 9/11 would have that reaction to your charm. I give folks who wear them a "we're in this together" smile. Perhaps the people who stare and ask awkward questions are out-of-towners?

NYC244
November 28th, 2006, 10:13 PM
It's hard to imagine that New Yorkers who were right here during 9/11 would have that reaction to your charm. I give folks who wear them a "we're in this together" smile. Perhaps the people who stare and ask awkward questions are out-of-towners?

maybe..i don't ask them who they are..i just see them looking at it.i don't even know what's on their mind while they stare,to be honest.i just see them look.now,how many of those people(those that wore such a charm)did you see???

it was funny today-i had my little silver wtc charm and i was at barnes and noble,buying a book,called-tower stories-(about 9/11,i haven't seen before)and i was at the register when my phone rang,so when i opened it, to answer,it was ny skyline(with wtc)as wallpaper...so imagine the lady over the counter...probable thought i was some sort of fanatic:D

Punzie
November 29th, 2006, 01:58 AM
. . . now,how many of those people(those that wore such a charm)did you see??? . . .
I didn't really keep track, but I'll try to jog my memory. Charm sitings on necklaces, bracelets, pins, watches, pocketbooks, etc.: @8-12.

One necklace in particular stands out in my memory because it had 2 charms: the towers and a cross. I wondered if the woman wearing them had lost a loved one there, but it didn't seem appropriate to ask.

NYC244
November 29th, 2006, 01:18 PM
that was my idea at first,a cross and a towers...but i opted for towers only.maybe,those who look,think the same...i haven't lost anyone in particular(it could very much happen,but it didn't)but then...we all lost a lot that day-so...
personally,i haven't seen anyone with charm like that(not on the necklace)so far.and i am always prepared that someone would ask me something about it but so far only few people asked me was that wtc and where did i buy it.