PDA

View Full Version : Landings at Harborside Perth Amboy

Elora
November 2nd, 2006, 03:13 PM
Does anyone have any opinions on the new community in Perth Amboy, Landings at Harborside? Not to be confused with the other community nearby - Harbortown Sail (which has Section 8 housing in it).

We went to take a look this past weekend and have conflicting opinions. On one hand, the builder, Westminster Communities has high visions for the future of this community. They have huge backing and have an enormous amount of property to build on. All properties border the waterfront - many of views of the water.

1 building is complete and sold out and owners are living there. The 2nd building is nearly complete and a 3rd phase will be starting "soon" (whatever that means). The first building is a small condo building of "flats", 4 stories. The 2nd building are townhomes. I believe the 3rd phase will be all townhomes as well. Townhome are private entry - condos are electronic keyed entry - no concierge.

Units are large and well-priced and the neighborhood will eventually have a load of amenities - including stores, parks, etc. It is walking distance to the train.

The buildings are tightly packed together however, giving a very "city" feel to the neighborhood. This is a drawback. We looked at a unit in the condo building, 1 of a few that were left and it felt downright claustrophic because it faced the townhome building, with no view to speak of. Of course, in NYC, you pretty much get the same thing in many instances - for triple the price and 2/3 less the sf.

Construction is ongoing - so who knows how long you'd be living in a construction zone. On the other hand - the homes in South Amboy are now reselling for 3x what they originally were purchased at (assuming of course that real estate doesn't completely drop out, these homes could also be quite a potential coup for the future, especially those which have good water views).

Perth Amboy seems to be attempting to upgrade itself, but I wonder if it will be able to do it fast enough. The school system is abysmal from what I understand. This is a problem is upscale families are moving in - how will their children be able to learn in Abott System schools? Will the town be able to have enough services to support the addition of 1000's of new residents (police for example?). What about the train line? Perth Amboy is not a major stop - the NJ Coast train stops there but does not make as many stops as at other stations. All things to consider.

Also, I've heard stories of the construction possibly having "issues". Don't know if this is just sour grapes of locals trying to denigrate the builder or if it is truth. Seems difficult to believe since Westminster is no fly by night company. However, I have also heard that there are big problems with the other neighborhood, Harbortown Sail, and there are a lot of resales there right now - but that may be for other reasons not related to construction.

So, just wondering if anyone out there has any knowledge or opinion about this community. I've done a ton of research online but of course all I come up with is a lot of self-promotion from all the companies associated with the construction or the town of Perth Amboy itself touting all the wonderful things which will be happening in the future. It's a crap shoot for sure - could be something great, could be the next Hoboken/Jersey City renaissance kind of thing - or not?

Texas Ex
February 18th, 2007, 08:02 PM
...where else can you buy a 2 bedroom/2bath luxury townhouse ON THE WATER within an easy (35 min.) commute of midtown Manhattan for $350,000? The building is secure (can only be entered by driving into the private garage at street level) and the community is expected to have its own marina within a few years. Even if that doesn't happen, the Raritan Bay Yacht club is a few blocks down the street. Needless to say, I bought a unit in the second building which should be finished shortly. I bought for the following reasons: (1) the price was right, (2) the development is much nicer than anything else I have seen and (3) Perth Amboy doesn't have crime problems like Jersey City. If somebody knows of a better deal, please let me know. I'd like to buy a place there for an investment!

Hendro
February 27th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I am looking into putting money down on the next construction when it begins there (Jan 09 I think). My question is regarding all the other construcions I see popping up in the area. I know of two in South Amboy that will be complete in a month or so. I have searched online and cannot find anything else, but I am sure there are more.

Does anyone know of some good buildings in the area that are being build now or sometime in the future?

weather147
March 28th, 2007, 10:28 AM
I have now lived on the waterfront of Perth Amboy for a year now and have been pleasantly surprised at how much I like it already. Prices here are still relatively low compared to South Amboy. Perth Amboy's location in relation to the water, highways, and public transportation (NJ Transit trains and buses) is excellent. The developments continue to pop up all over town. Most recently "the Shoppes at Victory Village" has been approved and will be open by the fall of 07', and the Rt. 440 High Street extension is being built now. The Landings development I have heard has had slower sales, but I firmly believe this is temporary. As more is built, and the town has more to offer sales will eventually take off as they have in South Amboy. Eventually I also think Perth Amboy may have more to offer than South Amboy as it has more infrastructure and better location than South Amboy.

JCMAN320
March 28th, 2007, 04:53 PM
I have family that lives in Perth Amboy and as much as I talk up Jersey City, they do the same for Perth Amboy. I went to see them last week and was very happy to see how much the city is improving from it's post industrial days.

weather147
March 28th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Thanks, Interesting how you mention Jersey City, as I have been working in Jersey City for a few years now. We have been remediating and continue to remediate a former PSEG Gas Manufacturing plant on the west side of Jersey City. It is truly amazing how fast Jersey City is being developed. I especially liked to work with the Athena group also in Jersey City last year for a few weeks. But in regards to Perth Amboy, I do like the trend I am observing. Even at Harbortown Sail, there are signs it is changing as far as the type of people it is attracting for their townhomes being built. They are advertising in the NYC market, and now offering a free shuttle for residents to and from the Perth Amboy train station until December of 2008. I know of several people in Harbortown Sail that work in NYC, and commute by train. Yes they have Section 8 in their rentals division, but honestly, their maintenance of the grounds is good, and one would not even know whether it had section 8 housing if you did not inquire. Also for a rendering of what the Shoppes at Victory Village will look like http://www.mayrichdevelopment.com/currentProjects.html
Victory Village refers to a much larger development which will include a large area surrounding the Rt. 35 bridge. I have heard the shopping center which is home to the Shoprite and Bank of America will be demolished to make way for another new development as well. I also notice that mainly along New Brunswick Ave, and Smith St. there are many buildings that are being rebuilt.
New article on Harbortown Sail as well. http://www.thnt.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007703250364

waterfront_properties
April 26th, 2007, 10:35 PM
I have been living in Bldg # 1 (Admiral) for a year now and I like it here. It is so convinient to all the major roadways. Getting to NY City from here is a breeze. The bus is at the door step for mid-town. And if you are planning on going to downtown NY, just hop on the train. The frequency of the train is not that great but it works. The idea of the ferry has been floating as well. Lets see how that goes. The 440 connector work has already started. Thats good news. Thumbs up to this development. The home sales in this area is not that great bcoz there is not much to offer at the moment. The older homes seem to need a lot of TLC and homes in Harbortown Sail are almost built on top of each other. Hope the value in this area picks up... fingers crossed. I have a few friends with investment properties here at the Landings. Let me know if interested (waterfront_properties@hotmail.com).
Enjoy.

gsav69
April 27th, 2007, 12:20 AM
I am a buyer in the second building. I am disgusted with how this project has been handled. My anticipated closing date was nov 1 and i'm finally doing my walkthrough tomorrow for a Monday closing. If they don't have me closed by may 1, which is 6 months post anticipated closing, i can walk with full refund. These scumbags left this project unworked for MONTHS and are closing late CAUSE THEY CAN. These dirtballs are also going to close me on a temp C/O cause they aren't finished with ANYTHING. I was there Sunday and it was a full-fledged contruction zone. i would even guess some units took on some water in the storm last week. My unit was locked but they had done some work in there in the last week or so which already looked done a few weeks ago.

As of now they've only sold approx 72 of the 86 units and they've cut down the hours of the sales center to almost nothing. For anyone considering buying in this development, READ YOUR CONTRACT. You will be locked into the largest, one-sided deal you will EVER be involved in. From a resale standpoint, NOT A SINGLE UNIT HAS SOLD ON THE RESALE MARKET IN THE LAST YEAR. Read that again. Not a single unit. What does that mean...that my unit I paid $350k for in September of 2006 is probably worth $275K today.

These dirtballs also misrepresent the size of units, make changes to layouts as they see fit without notice and you have to deal with it, rip you off on upgrades, make you pay for them months in advance which you can't add to your mortgage and can only pay in CASH and no CC, they deed extra $25K parking spots with the units instead of deeding them separately, and on and on and on. The tax burden in this dump of a town is also OUTRAGEOUS. The area will be a contruction zone for better than 8 years and the Mayor and crew are extremely suspect. In case you're interested and you want to live in the second building, the bayview, you will be forced to live in a walk-up building if you choose to live above the first floor of living (which is the 3rd floor). There are only elevators from the garages to the courtyard level which is the 1st level of living. If you want to live above the courtyard you're walking as are your grandparents and your disabled friends and family members.

As you can see I am SALTY about this purchase. I will go to the grave telling ANYONE and everyone to run as fast as you can away from this development but more specifically Westminster Communities. It will be nice if they ever learn how to market this development and when the market takes it's next swing. For now people are trying to jump off this boat as fast as they can. Just wait until they start selling the next phase for 20% lower than what we paid in the second building or better yet, wait until they can't afford to build the next phase and they go bankrupt. Better yet, it'll only be a a short while before they go the same way Harbortown Sail went in Perth Amboy and start renting units until the are forced to go section 8 due to lack of interest.

BUYERS BEWARE and I will update my findings from my walkthrough and closing.

Spoon
April 27th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Tell us how you really feel.

I know what you are saying though and I feel your pain. Delays are super common in pre construction. I've never seen a project come online when they say they will.

As for the updgrades that is also an annoyance in pre construction. They show you the model kitchen and bathroom and to design your untit exactly like the model will cost you an extra 30,000 bucks.

The worst part is that they charge you like 4,000 for new wood floors and 3,000 for all new appliances. They'll give you the white ones standard but the stainless will cost you an extra 2,000. The crappy thing is that you know the white vs stainless price difference is like 50 bucks in Home Depot so you are essentailly forced to buy 2 refrigerators, 2 stoves, 2 microwaves and 2 ovens.

All in all I would say if you are buying new construction rule of thumb is tack on 6 months to the projected closing date and tack on an extra 15,000 to 20,000 in upgrades.

gsav69
April 27th, 2007, 06:19 PM
This place is a joke. After May 1 it's game-on and I'll offer insight into my walkthrough and closing!

I will say it again, yet it adversely affects me and the value of my property to say it. If you purchase in this building complex, or from westminster communities, you need to have your head examined. Actually I will take that back. If you purchase PRE-CONSTRUCTION you're insane. What I will tell you is it's not going to be long until there are multiple foreclosures in this development for people to jump on! These units were sold approximatley 16 months ago in a completely different market. I don't even want to imagine how much less than purchase price these units are going to go for. I have to believe they're worth 20-30% less easy. I'd like to hear what others think.

g

waterfront_properties
April 30th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Gsav69
Which unit did you get. I have a property in there as well.

weather147
May 4th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience gsav69 at The Landings. I am not at all surprised though as it seems to be very common these days. The cost of upgrades when going through the builder are also always very pricey. The market has indeed changed some, but most indications are pointing towards a slow recovery. Larger developments of this nature take some time to gain momentum. You can't go from an old contaminated abandoned industrial waterfront to vibrant new development overnight. I do think that prices of the first and maybe the second building may have been slightly high, but they reflected the market of the time they were sold in. However, for it's waterfront location and convenient location, I feel it was still reasonable. I doubt that the development will go bankrupt and truly believe they will continue to build away. With time as the pace of construction increases, things will snowball. If you want to see a development that truly does have an up hill battle look no further then in Carteret, NJ. Compare prices, location, amenities, community, etc and Perth Amboy seems like a bargain to me relative to them.

Also, Harbortown is also not as bad as many make it seem. From what I have gathered it does accept section 8 funding for it's rentals as many point out. It's rentals division is called Harbortown Terrace and encompasses the majority of the units right now. None of them are located along the water. From what I have heard from the police department things are much improved in Harbortown Terrace compared to just a few years ago. I know someone in the PAPD and it was indeed a problem spot not long ago but in the last couple years it has vastly improved. Rent prices are inching upward and there are still a few new buildings going up. They are all townhouse style apartments with 1 to 2 car garage or car ports. Then there is Harbortown Crossing on the eastern side of their property. This phase of the development is complete and consists of 3 to 4 bedroom townhouses. Currently, they are building Harbortown Sail to the southeast which consists of 2 to 3 bedroom homes. Though they are somewhat close to each other, they all have a 2 car garage, and some have plenty of space. Sales there have actually picked up again, and they intend to have 2 parks open later this summer (1 for the rentals, and 1 for Harbortown Sail and Harbortown Crossing).
The development also offers a free shuttle to and from the train station during the week. The developer still has many acres of waterfront land and has not yet announced what will be built along it's waterfront other then saying it will not be rentals. The boardwalk has already been build, but nothing is there yet. The pier will be restored and also turned into a park, but unsure if it will be done this year. All in all, Harbortown is not as bad as many think remembering what it was like when it 1st began with no sales and 100% rentals. I think Harbortown Sail also is a bargain, but don't expect to be abe to upgrade your unit much with Harbortown Sail, though there are several people who upgraded more after purchasing.
Would be interested to hear how this all works out for you though. This is all just my opinion of course.

ag1926
May 14th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Any update gsav69?

gsav69
May 15th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Ahhhh. The sigh of relief. I do have an update. Today I officially deposited my check that I received back from the Landings for my initial deposit and my upgrades. Anyone looking at this development read this closely. YOUR ONLY OUT OF THAT ENTIRE CONTRACT WITHOUT PENALTY IS IF THEY DON'T HAVE YOU CLOSED WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF YOUR INITIAL CLOSING DATE. But the shady caveat to that is the fact that you have to close if the unit is given a Temp C/O. In my case I did my walkthrough on a rainy day to find water was coming into my unit under the doors and had been doing so for some time. They also changed part of my layout, didn't finish some of my upgrades, had zero security for the building and a great number of units were still under major contruction(OH...forgot to mention that they wouldn't grant me the right to my own inspection). My walkthrough was Friday 4/27 and my closing date was Monday 4/30 (original closing date was 11/01/06 so they were cutting it close). THANKFULLY I took over 100 pictures of this sorrowful excuse of a building and the sorrowful excuse of construction that was done. I wasn't able to move in by April 30 and I wanted out. They tried to play hard-ball. I went to the town buldings department on 3 separate occasions screaming bloody murder how the landings said I have to close on a temp c/o. The inspectors said you don't have to close unless the unit is liveable. Well we went back and forth and ultimatley the town wasn't going to intervene. I contacted other people and agencies but it's not important. What I threated was State Dept of Buildings, Dept of Enviro Prot, Department of Consumer affairs, Arnold Diaz on your side and any other consumer advocacy group I could get my hands on. I reminded them that I bought early, I wasn't goign away quietly and that they should strongly consider selling to unit to someone else who wants to live there in peace and do so for probably $25K more than I paid. After the builder's head guy heard my 1/2 hour tirade and after a 2 page letter, drafter by me, sent through my attorney was received, they asked that I keep calm and agreed to give me back my deposits in full.

I believe this development has potential but I'm afraid their garbage construction, low quality base amenities, poor marketing, inability to keep to timelines and a basic lack of interest both by buyers and retail entities will destroy this development before it takes off. Another something to consider is that the builder was bringing money to the closing table. WHY I HAVE NO IDEA but I found it strange. I found The guys on-site building the units and making the repairs were honest and gave honest ideas of timelines where the attorney wasn't telling my attorney the same thing. As for their attorney, SHE IS AN ABSOLUTE ANIMAL and I may even consider using her for personal issues in the future. She does not play any games and I am not kidding when I say you don't want to be on the other side of the table against her.

I'm out and best of luck to those who are looking there. It was a bitter-sweet day for me. I had waited a long time to see that building come together but I had an out and had to take it. The building will come out nice and the people I met who will be living there were very nice.

Peace!

waterfront_properties
June 14th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Any one has updates regarding the 440 Connector and the High Speed Ferry?

Shellisland
June 18th, 2007, 09:46 PM
The 440 connector is being worked on, I do not know the time line, but they are working...The high speed ferry is another story...We were sad to find out that even the Sun Streak that we thought left from South Amboy is no more!! The only one we could find was from the Highlands or Atlantic Highlands, quite a distance, to the south. Need to look into the Jersey City and surrounds to the north for a crossing by boat. We closed on our unit, and are very excited to watch the changes in the area.

druiz
July 5th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Gsav69 I am currently in a similiar situation in mid may they send a letter to my attorney saying that I needed to close with 10 days. After speaking to my mortgage rep they denied me because they changed their underwriting rules. We sent the mortage denied letter to the other attorney but they are still forcing me to close because I did not get the original mortgage commitment within 45 days of signing the contract. SO right now we have been going back and forth on not being able to secure a mortgage. Do you have any ideas on what I can do from here? ANy help would be appreciated

Hendro
July 7th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Druiz, could you please elaborate with your troubles? What changed that prevented you from securing the mortgage?

I purchased one of the units from the Landings recently at a nice price reduction in the first building. I am sorry to hear of all the troubles I see people are having there - I hope I don't experience any myself. I looked at the second building, but decided on the first for the first simply based on the available room layout I was happy with.

The troubles in the resales everyone is having is a risk of the business. Buy at the top and your going to have to take a loss when you attempt to sell at the bottom.

landings dweller
August 6th, 2007, 09:33 PM
I have mixed emotions about my experience here at the Landings. I am in the first building..i love the layout and the space....but i am concerened about the maintenance of the building...the halls and rugs are dirty..and the lobby area needs to be repainted already.......I am also really concerned about the lack of progress with the builder and the city of Perth Amboy......The police station was to be leveled months ago to start building three....there is still no ferry to New York...and how many years will it take for all this to filter in to the main steam of this ugly city to improve the overall appearance and problems? I need any feed back....thanks!

agm
October 29th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Hi !

I recently saw a 2 br property in Beacon point by Baker constructions in South amboy.

I would like to know if its a good area , to invest in .
If somebody has a property , how much did u buy it for. Currently they are quoting 380,000 Negotiable as they have veryfew properties left.

Hendro
November 3rd, 2007, 10:32 PM
We looked at their units 6 months ago.... and according to Bob they were about to sell out of units then.

My guess is they are getting desperate now; offer something low and see if they bite.

weather147
November 9th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Just a quick update from what I know. Perth Amboy’s redevelopment plans are all still in place but have slowed due to the current housing market. I heard that the Landings will begin breaking ground for the next building sometime in the 2nd quarter of 2008. There are indeed several units still available at the Landings. Pinnacle Federal Credit Union has opened it’s Perth Amboy branch at The Landings, and offers membership to any Perth Amboy resident (offering a 6.01% APY checking account with free use of all ATMs).

Harbortown next door has put in the waterfront walkway/boardwalk, and restored the pier/esplanade this Fall. It is in the process of building a waterfront park that will have several “water features” (basically some type of water fountains) and will be located behind the townhomes they are building now. The clubhouse will also be built sometime in 2008, but plans for the community pool have been put on hold for now due to concerns of over crowding. The rentals in Harbortown are also still their obviously, but from what I hear and see, it is rather quiet, and not as bad as it once was.

Kaplan’s Federal Hill development is still being built, and they have finished several townhomes that are now being closed. Most of the built homes have been sold, with a few left. There are several condo’s left in the building that will be completed later this year. Construction of the next phase consisting of several more townhomes at a somewhat lower price point is beginning now, the first of which will be ready to close by Spring 2008.

The Rt. 440 connector is currently being built, but there were unexpected utilities that were encountered. These issues have resulted in additional work not previously anticipated, and the scheduled completion date for the opening of the Route 440/High Street Connector in the 4th Quarter of 2008 (Fall of 2008).

The Kings Plaza development in Perth Amboy is nearing completion, but is going to predominantly be a rental community. The Perth Amboy Community center has been plagued with problems from the contractors building it. The fire station is open there, and the YMCA center within it will be opening soon. Do not have information as to when the police station and court will be moved over. One would assume it will follow soon as the building is nearly complete.

Other new developments are being approved, mainly warehousing space near Amboy Ave and Route 35. Also the I Port 440 project has recently been granted approval and the city has entered a contract for the first of several phases. They have secured over 100 million, to aid in the clean-up and the building of the first phase. This development will consist of warehousing, big box retail, and a large waterfront park (possibly more but that’s all I am sure of).

In South Amboy their redevelopment plans have went well, and continue to progress. The townhomes on Main St. by Baker have pretty much all sold. I believe there may be a couple still left, but am unsure if any remain by now. Baker is looking to put in an additional new development in town and is seeking approval.

Sayerville which is located immediately to the west of South Amboy has recently announced it is going forward with it’s plans for the very long awaited redevelopment of the former National Lead property. The plans there are very ambitious and will merge and possibly help both South Amboy, and Perth Amboy. They all meet at the Rt. 35 bridge crossing over the Raritan River. Sayerville has chosen O’Niell Properties to redevelop it’s waterfront. The company has a very strong track record and builds higher end developments. The developer was just chosen and details are sketchy, but include, 2.3 million square foot lifestyle retail center, 800,000 square feet of big box retail, a marina, performing arts center, outdoor amphitheater, waterfront promenade, and 2,000 housing units. The hold up here was a lawsuit determining who would pay for the environmental clean-up, which has apparently been semi settled to allow the development to commence.

weather147
December 16th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Just wanted to update what I know about Perth Amboy from what I know. The Matrix development (warehouses & office space) is continuing with 2 new buildings. In one of it's first buildings http://walkerzanger.com/ (http://walkerzanger.com/) has moved in and opened it's showroom. They also have warehousing space in the building. The showroom is by far the most impressive tile and natural stone showroom I have ever seen. For the buildings under construction, contracts with two companies already exist to lease the space (Best Buy, and a food distribution company). I Port 440 which is the development to be built along the water north of the Outerbridge is once again on hold. It may still go through with the current developer, but time may be running out, and the city may rebid the project. The issue happened when NJ did not come through as originally anticipated with a multi million low interest loan to aid in the clean-up/remedial action of the site. The Landings is going to be resuming construction by Spring of 2008 probably. It has reduced the size of the project slightly to only go Northwards up to Washington Street. It originally called for another 2 blocks going Northwards. They are in negotiations with the mayor in the redesign of the development though. They are maintaining the plans for the hotel space, marinas, waterfront parks, esplanade, retail/restaurant space, and walkway. They are looking into methods of maximizing the waterfront views so that the most units get that, and "do more with less" which was clarified to me as giving the most amenities while maintaining an attractive price point. Harbortown Sail is continuing construction with it's 5th building (of 6). These are townhome style condos with 2 car garages. A park will also be built along the waterfront by the Spring 08. The waterfront walkway and esplanade are basically already complete. (Note: I feel right now this development is a bargain as they reduced prices and you get the most for your $$. They do not allow much in the way of upgrades but they will almost certainly give you a free upgrade on 1st floor hardwood throughout, and upgrade your appliance package). Federal Hill continues to build it's townhome/condo buildings. Prices for these new future buildings have dropped and are mostly in the 300k range. Size of each unit has also dropped from the first townhome buildings which were all in the 400K range.
In South Amboy there continue to be rumors that a NYC ferry will be starting service within 1st two months of 08'. The new ferry terminal which is being built will be ready sometime in the summer of 2008.

waterfront_properties
January 14th, 2008, 03:53 AM
I have a property that I need to sell ASAP. Do you know anyone who is interested? Pls HELP. Selling due to re-location. :confused:

Renting the property out is also an option I am leaving open. Thanks.

Sparg93
February 18th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Is anyone familiar with this place currently, a lot of units for sale?

Any updates on construction going further?

weather147
March 6th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Few new developments in Perth Amboy since my last posting. IPort 440 project is back on track and is funded now. The Landings development has some units still for sale and is finalizing the revised plans of it's development. (It will translate into less units but the same or more waterfront amenities.) Harbortown Sail is building the next building which will be starting sales in a month or two. Federal Hill is continuing to build and has various units available. YMCA is going to open later this spring. Police station is scheduled to move to the new building in April, with the Fire station already moved. Overall, continue to be very happy with the progress made taking into account the current market. I think this town is a bargain right now, and will be ready to capitalize in the next couple years when the market comes back around.

Hensco
April 26th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Hoping somebody coudl chime in on these:
1) NJ Transit train schedule - What can we do to increase the frequency of express trains?
2) Ferry service. I realize South Amboy is having some issues with this. Anyone what has been done to get the service to Perth Amboy once the South Am starts running?

raspberry17
July 8th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I'm new to the forum so please pardon an redundancies.

It appears that Kushner, the builder, is modifying their original proposal and will continue the development of the Landings northward to Washington St and westward to High St. The proposal on the table is to include high end townhomes, however, they are indicating that they will not complete the marina and several other items that were in the original plans. It's very disheartening for those who purchased based upon those amenities. As for the remaining land that was to be developed by Kushner, another builder is possibly in negotiations to complete the area north of Washington St. There is a planning board meeting scheduled to take place sometime in August '08 and hopefully some more information will be available shortly afterwards.

It should also be noted that Mayor Vas is no longer Mayor of Perth Amboy. Wilda Diaz is the new Mayor and it is unclear, at least to me, as to her plans for the waterfront area. Hopefully, she can create some momentum to get this thing back on track.

quieromas
July 15th, 2008, 01:44 PM
good day, i have come across your thread regarding the landings at harborside. i purchased in the waterfront area for probably the same reason you purchased in the landings: the promise of greater things to come including a better quality of life.

i'm wondering if the landings thread members are organized. are you interested in organizing? there is only one thing that's going to move the landings, the waterfront and the quality of life up and forward and that is a common interest and united effort. i'm sure you are astute to that reality.

weather147
January 28th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Anyone still around? I still live in the area, and am somewhat familiar with the happenings in Perth Amboy.

FlorDLuna
May 7th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Weather147 - I am looking to view the Landings at Harborside as they have posted a huge "sale" for the units on the website. Might you be able to inform me more about the complex and of current progress in the area? Thanks!

earlofperth
April 23rd, 2011, 07:10 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread. Does anyone know how I can get in contact with GSAV69? I currently live in the Bayview at The Landings and am having major issues with water infiltration and its a nightmare. He mentioned taking pictures of the water damage and that would be really helpful to see. I'm also wondering if I may have bought the same unit GSAV69 is speaking about since he mentioned seeing water damage during his walk through. Is anyone else dealing with water infiltration in their units? I'm trying to coordinate a meeting with both the Admiral and Bayview tennants because we have got to get a handle on this horrible builder.

Exit9
November 10th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I'm looking to speak with someone that has or had lived at Bay View at The Landings in Perth Amboy. Specifically, I'd like to know if there is a lawsuit against the builder or what type of concessions has the builder given to the owners. We have not had any communication whatsoever from the builder, and now they are placing a lien on our property!