PDA

View Full Version : Please Read!!!

NewYorkCityBoy
November 2nd, 2006, 04:08 PM
:) Hey SUP everyone im new on this site and i just wanted some help. Im currently living in Kentucky, but I hate it here. Im a new york city boy at heart and im moving to New york city to start all over new and hopefully become a model/actor. I sent some of my pics to some of the top new york modeling agencies and they said that i have real potential. So im flying into new york so they can interview me this weekend. they will be taking some pics of me at pearce and pierce, wall street, its supposed to be very nice quite impressive. Has anyone heard of it? If so meet me there Saturday at 9 and we can do something. thx, and god bless NEW YORK CITY!!!.

Schadenfrau
November 2nd, 2006, 04:25 PM
Are you meeting Sherman McCoy or Patrick Bateman?

Come on, if you're going to troll, at least put some effort into it.

Front_Porch
November 2nd, 2006, 05:57 PM
schadenfrau, LMAO

ali r.

NewYorkCityBoy
November 2nd, 2006, 07:55 PM
Are you meeting Sherman McCoy or Patrick Bateman?

Come on, if you're going to troll, at least put some effort into it.

Ummm...im not a yupie and im not "trolling". im going to be in new york city this weekend and after the photo shoots i was going to see if someone wanted to hang out.

:o

lofter1
November 2nd, 2006, 08:19 PM
I googled this: "pearce and pierce"

And came up with nothing (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22pearce+and+pierce%22&btnG=Google+Search) but genealogical links.

What is ???

ZippyTheChimp
November 2nd, 2006, 08:22 PM
Ummm...im not a yupie and im not "trolling" you idiot.You won''t last here long with talk like that.

ravishinglylow
November 3rd, 2006, 09:24 AM
You won''t last here long with talk like that.
Here. You can use my tire thumper.

NewYorkCityBoy
November 3rd, 2006, 08:24 PM
:d

NoyokA
November 3rd, 2006, 09:02 PM
Don't be surprised if you get zapped by the light if you act like a moth. NYC is full of opportunity but you have to address the city with the right attitude.

Im somewhat skeptical about you saying your a New Yorker at heart and an aspiring model. The two don't often go hand and hand. True New Yorkers are a little more skeptical than to jump into such a small field and street-smart to know that it is all about who you know and that their are thousands of aspiring actor/actresses who amount to nothing.

I'm going to sound a little rude here, but I believe that I'll be doing a favor to you by saying as much. We had another member here from the South, who was blinded by the light that is NYC and was completely incapable of surviving here. His world more or less came crashing in on him. As I said there is a lot of opportunity in the city but you have to be educated and ambitious and hard-nosed.

You cannot survive by being an aspiring actor/model with no social or work connections. The only way you squeak an existance and a miserable one at that is if you have very rich parents who are supporting you.

For your information I have been approached as well as all my friends have been approached to become models/actors. One of my friends actually surprised me and bit, mind you he's 5'7" and overweight. Basically all they do is take your money, they give you a couple of head shots, promise you some work, and then give you nothing. You'll be lucky to get a background job in a commercial.

Im not discouraging you from moving to the city, just not right now. You will be eaten up alive, I've seen it time and time again.

Visit the city. Visit the city a number of times. Visit this forum and read up on the city. Get a college education or a skill, save up atleast $10,000 and then move.

NewYorkCityBoy
November 3rd, 2006, 09:12 PM
Don't be surprised if you get zapped by the light if you act like a moth. NYC is full of opportunity but you have to address the city with the right attitude.

Im somewhat skeptical about you saying your a New Yorker at heart and an aspiring model. The two don't often go hand and hand. True New Yorkers are a little more skeptical than to jump into such a small field and street-smart to know that it is all about who you know and that their are thousands of aspiring actor/actresses who amount to nothing.

I'm going to sound a little rude here, but I believe that I'll be doing a favor to you by saying as much. We had another member here from the South, who was blinded by the light that is NYC and was completely incapable of surviving here. His world more or less came crashing in on him. As I said there is a lot of opportunity in the city but you have to be educated and ambitious and hard-nosed.

You cannot survive by being an aspiring actor/model with no social or work connections. The only way you squeak an existance and a miserable one at that is if you have very rich parents who are supporting you.

For your information I have been approached as well as all my friends have been approached to become models/actors. One of my friends actually surprised me and bit, mind you he's 5'7" and overweight. Basically all they do is take your money, they give you a couple of head shots, promise you some work, and then give you nothing. You'll be lucky to get a background job in a commercial.

Im not discouraging you from moving to the city, just not right now. You will be eaten up alive, I've seen it time and time again.

Visit the city. Visit the city a number of times. Visit this forum and read up on the city. Get a college education or a skill, save up atleast $10,000 and then move.

thx, i appriciate the advice. but im pretty sure that i wont be conned. im plenty smart since i was one of the only ones to graduate my highschool with a C average. thanks for the advice though.

NoyokA
November 3rd, 2006, 09:14 PM
Well you conned me. Go spam elsewhere.

lofter1
November 3rd, 2006, 10:06 PM
... i was one of the only ones to graduate my highschool with a C average.

Funny, from your picture I'd say you were more in the D range ...

NYC244
November 4th, 2006, 11:16 AM

you are 150% right.