PDA

View Full Version : party shuttle tours

lucylocket
November 6th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Has anyone been on the New York Party Shuttle tour is so is it worth going on?

daver
November 6th, 2006, 01:49 PM
I don't know anything about them, but I clicked their website and I will say that I am generally concerned about tours that include riding the Staten Island Ferry as part of the tour. Especially when they are advertising Brooklyn Bridge, Verrazano, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, etc. $5 says all those things are some dude pointing from the (free) ferry going, "hey look, there it is." If you can hook up with a good guide, then that is something else. Most of the ones I have ran into in years past and heard about know less about stuff than you could find out with 5 minutes on google or wikipedia. But to each his own...

Schadenfrau
November 6th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Why do they call it a "party" shuttle? Do they serve booze?

lucylocket
November 6th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Thanks

I looked on the website and thought it looked quite good, but im not sure whats a good or bad to e honest. I have never been to New York before and I want to get as much out of it as I can in 3 days.

any suggestions?

lofter1
November 6th, 2006, 07:40 PM
You want to WALK across the Brooklyn Bridge -- not drive across it on a bus ;)

tdp
November 9th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Try Circle Line tours and see New York from the Hudson and East Rivers.

They do a 2 hour daytime or twighlight cruise (from W42nd Street, around the southern tip of the island, to E42nd and back again) and a full 3 hour criuse around Manhattan - all are complete with a very good commentary.

I would recommend - if nothing else it gives you a chance to rest your aching feet!

http://www.circleline42.com/

lucylocket
November 10th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Yes I have already booked the 2 hour cruise.

Thanks

lofter1
November 10th, 2006, 08:49 PM
good idea -- you'd be wise to avoid the three hour tour (http://www.tvcrazy.net/tvclassics/wallpaper/oldshows/gilligans-island/cast.jpg) ...