PDA

View Full Version : Weve booked again!!

Kitty-london
November 8th, 2006, 02:06 PM
I mentioned a while ago that me and my friend were coming over for a week in October to celebrate my 21st. Well, we did and has a fabulous time!! So, weve just booked to come again in march to celebrate her 23rd birthday!! Whats it like in March regarding weather etc, Id imagine not very good but hey! So excited, hoping to come and work there in a years time, could definatley get used to it!! And as a plus the exchange rate is $1.83 at the moment!!! xxxx

daver
November 8th, 2006, 02:36 PM
It'll be decently colder than in Oct, like fifteen degrees. But way better than coming in jan-feb. The later in March the better. I would guess that it would be similar to London at that time of year.

Kitty-london
November 8th, 2006, 02:50 PM
yes were coming over on the 24th march for a week, so fingers crossed will be ok.

OmegaNYC
November 8th, 2006, 05:16 PM
March is a tricky month. At that time of year, it won't be a shock to have temps in the mid to upper 50's, or a foot of snow.

antinimby
November 8th, 2006, 09:38 PM
I mentioned a while ago that me and my friend were coming over for a week in October to celebrate my 21st. Well, we did and has a fabulous time!! So, weve just booked to come again in march to celebrate her 23rd birthday!! Whats it like in March regarding weather etc, Id imagine not very good but hey! So excited, hoping to come and work there in a years time, could definatley get used to it!! And as a plus the exchange rate is $1.83 at the moment!!! xxxxTell us more.
Where did you stay? Where did you go? What did you see?

Kitty-london
November 9th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Oh sorry, just thought you guys might get a bit fed up with readin about peoples trips lol. Ok i cant remember in order what we did, but we went out partying every night:

* Tenjune
*Bungalow 8
* Pink elephant
* china club
*bubble lounge
* whiskey bar
*the gansevoort bar
*Tribeca grand lobby
* Blue fin
and loads of other bars i cannot remeber the name of oops!!! lots in tribeca, very nice oh and bleeker!

we went out for dinner too
* Nobu
*The harrison
* Yaffa's
*Spotted pig
*Nice place in little italy
* Some fun diner!

Saw the sights etc, went to wall street, brunch in meatpacking, did the shops one day, strolled around chelsea.

Just had the most amazing time ever, partied hard, a great way to celebrate my 21st!!! so we are off again in March for my friends birthday, want to try a few new clubs etc.

so theres my review, thanks for asking, that was nice of you! xx

Kitty-london
November 10th, 2006, 01:24 PM
By the by, anyone recommend some nice places to eat/ have drinks?? not too fussy on style, as long as you enjoyed a nice meal there etc. Thanks x

pacz
November 10th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Whenever I go down to SoHo, I have to eat here:

http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/new-york/bar-89-new-york.htm

They have great burgers and the best drinks!

Kitty-london
December 7th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks,any more ideas guys and dolls x

OmegaNYC
December 7th, 2006, 01:36 PM
I don't know if this is really Soho, but the Cafeteria on 119 7th Ave at 17th Street is pretty good. I've never been there, but I always hear good things about it.

MidtownGuy
December 7th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Welcome. I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip! How did it compare to images in movies and on TV?

Punzie
December 7th, 2006, 02:23 PM
By the by, anyone recommend some nice places to eat/ have drinks?? not too fussy on style, as long as you enjoyed a nice meal there etc. Thanks x
Most places in SOHO have food of a specific cuisine or nationality, so it would be a big help if you told us which foods you like best. SOHO has it all; it just has to be narrowed down to your tastes.:)
_____

You can "feel" the Chelsea "hip" in Cafeteria, the place Omega recommended. It's a yummy, affordable American lunch; keep it in mind if you happen to be that area.