PDA

View Full Version : Newark Airport.

Lucy, Glasgow ghirl!
November 10th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Hi Guys

Can anyone help?

I am visiting NYC for the first time on the 6th December. I fly into Newark airport and dont know what the best means of transport is to get into manhattan!

Does anybody know how much I will be in a Taxi?

Many Thanks
Lucy x.

daver
November 10th, 2006, 09:15 AM
http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/airports/html/ewr_transportation.html
http://www.nyctourist.com/travel_newark.htm

Last time I came through I took a bus to midtown, $14 one way, $22 round trip. Runs every 15 minutes. There was a shared shuttle there that runs around hourly, $15 to anywhere in Manhattan. I think the taxis are $45 flat rate now, but you still have to pay tolls + tip.

Lucy, Glasgow ghirl!
November 10th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Thats brill

thanks alot! x

spatulashack
November 12th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Actually... the best way from Newark to Manhattan is by NJTransit Trains. Take Newark AirTrain (free) from your terminal to the main rail station. Then transfer to NJ Transit Northeast (Red) or Coast (Blue) lines. Northeast line has its terminal at NY Penn Station and Coast line terminates at either Hoboken or NY Penn so make sure you are getting on the right train. It's about 14 bucks for either line into Manhattan. It's also quicker and faster than the bus.

millertime83
November 14th, 2006, 12:09 PM
the cheapest way is to take the monorail at Newark Airport to the Airtrain NJ Tranist Rail Station to Newark Penn Station. That 1 mile trip will cost you about $6.

Then at Newark Penn Station, get on the PATH train and take it to the World Trade Center. That costs you $1.50.

So that's about $7.50 total.

media35
November 14th, 2006, 12:44 PM
All is well and good taking the trains into New York City--however if you are loaded down with luggage it is a nightmare. The system is not wheelchair or stroller friendly so rolling luggage will have to be lifted, lugged and carried. Depending on where you disembark sometimes you go up two flights of stairs. There are very few escalators or elevators, lots of times they are under repair. Not to mention the irritation of your fellow passengers when you are trying to maneuver your luggage and they are in a hurry to move on.

Also, if there are more than two of you traveling, factor that in to the cost of the cab. You can split the cab fare. First trip into the city I would not cut costs on a good ride in--the view is more exciting in a cab. You are tired from the flight and don't want to get lost with luggage. Cut costs another way.