PDA

View Full Version : Photographer

TUBE
November 16th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Hi people

I'm a photographer based in Manchester UK and was wondering what you New Yorkers think of my work. Would love to come over there again, i had a cool time there in March for my mates stag party, 18 of us went. Skill. Anyway see what you think of my pics.

Cheers all

TUBE

Punzie
December 1st, 2006, 05:13 AM
Would you rather hear it from me, or from all of New York?

The woman in the first photo is wearing the wrong kind of pantyhose, and it ruins the picture. Her shoulders and arms are sleek and shiny; her pantyhose should be nude, ultra-sheer and silken.

It looks like she is wearing semi-opaque, beige hose. Also, they don't fit her too well.

IF -- this is a big "if" -- you MEANT for the photo be a juxtaposition of sleek arms and awkward legs, then it's a great shot. Otherwise... *thumbs down*

Second photo: The weird, golden scrunchy-thing the woman is carrying in her left hand is one focal point of the photo. What is it? It sort of looks like a baby's head. The golden painting on the wall behind the woman looks like a tail, and is another focal point. They are near each other, so they converge as the focal point. If you meant for it to be this way, then it's a great shot. Otherwise... *thumbs down*

MidtownGuy
December 1st, 2006, 03:59 PM
i don't see a golden painting, what are you talking about?

Punzie
December 1st, 2006, 06:05 PM
i don't see a golden painting, what are you talking about?
MG, you just did me a favor: you brought to my attention that the color on my screen was off; now I've readjusted it. I'm sure that it was one of my cats -- not a clever paw, but a clumsy tail. Luckily, this was the only art I've analyzed -- on a computer anyway -- for a few days.

The "golden painting" is obviously neither a painting nor golden. It's some sort of stole (fur?) hanging down, with a peach lining. It looks even more like a tail than before! My question, once again: was this done on purpose?

Punzie
December 1st, 2006, 06:18 PM
I can't believe I didn't see it earlier! Sure, the 1980s clothes and look is "today" -- but things never come back exactly the same way. Those photos were taken in the early 1980s!