PDA

View Full Version : SoHo Dining

misterokay
November 18th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Hi. I'm not sure if this kind of thread is frowned upon because there is a restaurant thread in this forum already, but I would like to have suggestions for dining in the SoHo area. I will try to describe the situation in as much detail as possible. I (male) will be going with one male and one female. There is no relationship between any of us...we are all just good friends who havent seen each other in about a year. I am 19, the male is 18 and the female is 17. We will most likely be having lunch, but dinner is possible. I can't afford anything TOO expensive, but it shouldnt be too cheap either. It shouldn't be too noisy because we have a lot of catching up to do. I would prefer Italian, Greek or Asian fuzion, but anything else that you really think is great would be welcome. Again, it should be in SoHo. Little Italy is getting old. I dont want them to think that's the only place I know. :) I also need a good place for desert (any kind of desert) in the area as well.

Thanks!

NYatKNIGHT
November 20th, 2006, 10:56 AM
I like La Dolce Vita on Spring St. b/w Sullivan and Thompson, if you want Italian.

pacz
November 20th, 2006, 12:40 PM
One of my favorite places to eat in SoHo is Bar 89.
89 Mercer Street. I go there about once a month.

Ninjahedge
November 20th, 2006, 01:16 PM
I would also recommend Chinatown....

NyoNya is nice, and PhoBang is not bad (they are generic chains). But there are quite a few places that are inexpensive and tasty if you are looking for a little adventure...

(PS, not all Chinese in CT is "chow mein", there are quite a few other dishes and regions to explore there, just ask around a bit more online, or check out newyork.citysearch.com . I also think Kannekt might have some info, but I am not sure)