PDA

View Full Version : Bohemian Hall - Astoria, Queens

Matt_H
November 20th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Hi guys and gals,

Will be visiting NY for the first time in May 07 and would really like to take my partner (she is originally from the Czech Republic) to the Bohemian Hall in Astoria, Queens. Just interested to hear if anybody has been? What's it like? Is it aworth a visit? Safe area? etc....

Thanks in advance for your help!

Matt

Schadenfrau
November 20th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Bohemian Hall is fantastic, but get there early (like before 7PM) to get a seat.

Ninjahedge
November 20th, 2006, 03:00 PM
I'm just a poor boy nobody loves me...
Spare him his life from this monstrocity!

shocka
November 20th, 2006, 03:15 PM
May becomes PEAK time for the Beer Gardens its when the weather gets nice and EVERY1 wants to go there.

I usually like to go on Friday nights since its not too packed.. Sat afternoons are nuts they have a live band charge cover and the food line is out of control. If you can go on a Thursday night, you will avoid a crowd and get to enjoy the place.

There is not like the Bohemian Hall in NYC, the Water Taxi is my next fav summer spot.

Matt_H
November 21st, 2006, 04:12 AM
Thanks for all of your advice. Is it easily commutable from Manhattan? How about in the evenings? Is it best to get a cab?

Cheers,

Matt

Edward
November 21st, 2006, 09:37 AM
Easily by subway

ryan
November 21st, 2006, 11:22 AM
Beer garden is great and easy to get to. No cabs home, though...

shocka
November 21st, 2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks for all of your advice. Is it easily commutable from Manhattan? How about in the evenings? Is it best to get a cab?

Cheers,

Matt

Take the N/W train to Astoria Blvd, and walk north (direction your train is travelling) to 24th Ave. Make a left and it will be on your right side.

Coming home, you can take the train, or there are always private cabs standing outside, their rates will vary based on your level of intoxication.