PDA

View Full Version : shopping. where to buy these brands cheap?

italyboy
November 21st, 2006, 12:07 PM
Hi,

I'll be soon in NY.
I wanna by some clothes of the following brands:

- NIKE
- RALPH LAUREN
- SEAN JOHN

Where to buy them cheap?
Thanks

pacz
November 21st, 2006, 12:22 PM
Century 21
Cortlandt St. (across from the WTC site)

You can also check out the clearance racks at Macy's.

daver
November 21st, 2006, 01:13 PM
I don't know about those specific brands, but I know my wife picks up a lot of knock offs or fall offs or whatever they want to call them around Canal Street. Prada Gucci etc. Take a friend, the sales tactics can be a bit intimidating.

ThisIsntMyRealName
November 21st, 2006, 03:41 PM
Some of these places at Canal St. will knock a ton off retail, like about 30% or 40% if you negotiate or act like you want to leave, even more if you pay cash.

daver
November 21st, 2006, 03:57 PM
Some of these places at Canal St. will knock a ton off retail, like about 30% or 40% if you negotiate or act like you want to leave, even more if you pay cash.
30-40% off retail? I laugh at 30-40% off retail! They'll knock 30-40% off their prices.

Sometimes.

The knock offs or fall offs run 90%+ off retail. Like a $400 Prada purse they want $50 for but take $35. For example.

Not that I have such a purse, since, well, I'm not, like, a girl and all. But my wife has FAR too many. Not like Imelda Marcos and her shoe closet, but a lot anyhow.

NoyokA
November 21st, 2006, 07:42 PM
I routinely find those discounts at Macy's for end of season clothing.

pacz
November 21st, 2006, 10:11 PM
The stuff on Canal Street are knock-offs, they are not the real thing. You would never get a real Kate Spade handbag for $20, even on clearance! While it's ok as long as you know you know you are not getting the real thing. I bought a "Movado" watch for $10 for a dinner party. I knew it was fake, no one else did. Weeks later, the "gold" rubbed off.

Ninjahedge
November 22nd, 2006, 09:23 AM
Century 21
Cortlandt St. (across from the WTC site)

You can also check out the clearance racks at Macy's.

I would recommend C21 too. Good pot-luck kind of stuff there. I get most of my shoes there at great prices....

Ninjahedge
November 22nd, 2006, 09:25 AM
The stuff on Canal Street are knock-offs, they are not the real thing. You would never get a real Kate Spade handbag for $20, even on clearance! While it's ok as long as you know you know you are not getting the real thing. I bought a "Movado" watch for $10 for a dinner party. I knew it was fake, no one else did. Weeks later, the "gold" rubbed off.

That's the thing. Most of the LV and Gucci bags I have seen have been these uglty, semi-functional handbags that really do not do what you need them to do...

If you are buying a bag just for the name, get the knockoff. Otherwise do your research and get something worth the money you are spending on it!

daver
November 22nd, 2006, 10:10 AM
Didn't see any clothes priced like that there. Some of the bags are crap and some are decent. You definitely need to look closely at them and pick out the good ones. She has been using a "Prada" one daily for about three months or so without issue, one was crap and got donated, and the other two she got she uses here and there without issue. *shrug*