PDA

View Full Version : fake

italyboy
November 24th, 2006, 07:29 PM
where to buy fake clothes by prada, gucci or even watches?

italyboy
November 28th, 2006, 04:50 AM
nowhere?

ligel
November 28th, 2006, 07:47 AM
You can buy fake watches on the Internet!

daver
November 28th, 2006, 08:35 AM
I don't know about clothes, but I have seen watches on Canal St. and all the way up to 34th.

lofter1
November 28th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Prada makes fake clothes :confused: :confused: :confused:

Punzie
November 28th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Alright everyone, the clothes are REAL -- the designer labels on them are fake.:rolleyes:

You can get knockoffs on clothes, watches, sunglasses, just about everything on Canal Street.

italyboy
November 28th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Alright everyone, the clothes are REAL -- the designer labels on them are fake.:rolleyes:

You can get knockoffs on clothes, watches, sunglasses, just about everything on Canal Street.

in a market or even in shops?

daver
November 28th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Some stuff you can find in a stand on the street. Or a quasi-stand. These days, a lot of the stuff you are looking for is behind closed doors in a labryrinth that some little asian lady will lead you through once you tell her what you want. Until you know the system it is a bit disconcerting because they want to shut the door, and there will usually be some toughs standing nearby (security?) Once you understand the system, it is still disconcerting. :D You walk past and they will say "gucci gucci gucci" and you will say "no, prada" and they will say "ok prada" and take you in. Or you will walk past and look at them and say "prada?" and they will either tell you no, point you somewhere else, or take you in. Something like that. It is loosey goosey, there is no rule book.

Some of the stuff is complete crap, and some is decently good. Take a close look before you buy it, unless you don't mind throwing half the crap you get out when you get home. They will generally haggle, especially if you buy a couple things.

Punzie
November 28th, 2006, 11:09 AM
I'm not quite sure what you mean by the word "market". It is a broad word -- can you please be more specific?

Yes, in shops, and in stores -- and if you go on a clear day, street vendors will be selling the smaller products.

I would guess that the holiday season will bring an extra large selection of designer knockoffs.

italyboy
November 28th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Some stuff you can find in a stand on the street. Or a quasi-stand. These days, a lot of the stuff you are looking for is behind closed doors in a labryrinth that some little asian lady will lead you through once you tell her what you want. Until you know the system it is a bit disconcerting because they want to shut the door, and there will usually be some toughs standing nearby (security?) Once you understand the system, it is still disconcerting. :D You walk past and they will say "gucci gucci gucci" and you will say "no, prada" and they will say "ok prada" and take you in. Or you will walk past and look at them and say "prada?" and they will either tell you no, point you somewhere else, or take you in. Something like that. It is loosey goosey, there is no rule book.

feels scary :D

italyboy
November 28th, 2006, 11:11 AM
I'm not quite sure what you mean by the word "market". It is a broad word -- can you please be more specific?

Yes, in shops, and in stores -- and if you go on a clear day, street vendors will be selling the smaller products.

I would guess that the holiday season will bring an extra large selection of designer knockoffs.

well i mean if i can find fake stuff in normal places like shops or in secret places where none can see them :D

so how do i recognize they sell fake stuff?

Punzie
November 28th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Let me clarify that I've been talking about Canal Street all along.

You would be looking for things with high-end designer labels that are much too cheap to be the real thing.

I'm not answering any more questions about this because I haven't seriously shopped around Canal Street since last spring; any specifics I give might be outdated.

How about posting your question a few different times on Yahoo Answers?

daver
November 28th, 2006, 12:35 PM
well i mean if i can find fake stuff in normal places like shops or in secret places where none can see them :D

so how do i recognize they sell fake stuff?
My data is accurate as of about a month ago, FWIW. They stand in the doorways saying "gucci gucci gucci"- seriously. It is a HUGE hint. Or on the street. Or you ask someone that is selling something similar (knock off) where to get X item and they point. The fake stuff isn't out on the streets so much anymore, I have been told that it is because of crack downs on counterfeit goodies. You will just have to go down there during the day and wander about a bit.

italyboy
November 28th, 2006, 01:38 PM
ok thank u guys