PDA

View Full Version : Madison Square Garden

jshortston
December 5th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Hi,

am new to the forum, so apologies if this question has been asked somewhere else!

I'm coming to NYC, from the UK, on the 30th Dec until 4th Jan and am a big basketball fan. I've noticed that the knicks are out of town the whole time im there (missed them last time I came too, dammit) but that St Johns are playing at MSG on the 3rd Jan...

Im not really up with college hoops and follow the NBA more, so im wondering what's best to do. Go see New Jersey nets vs minnesota (how can i get to continental airlines arena, last time i stayed in new jersey but wouldnt know how to get there from manhattan?? Is it possible??) Or should i go and watch St Johns at MSG?

Im leaning toward going to see St Johns as i want to try an NHL game and can then see the rangers on the 30th or can go watch the jersey devils (is there anywhere i can still get tickets for rangers as ticketmaster is sold out???) and then st johns on the 3rd.. but don't really know what would be best!

Was wondering what you guys think and if you have any suggestions? Are St Johns games worth going to see as i really dont know much about colleage hoops and who's best to watch rangers/devils. I really want to see at least one event in MSG!

Many Thanks! :)

FrankHegly
December 5th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Hey...yet another coinsidence.... i also wanted to go to a game in MSG but as i am there the same time as you I can't unless I do NHL. Since we both fly out and back on the same dates I bet we are even on the same flights -lol

For going to NJ:
Buses leave from the Port Authority Bus Terminal and a round trip ticket costs $9. There are usually people selling tickets in the lobby of the bus terminal before each game.

It's best to leave Manhattan about 45 minutes before the game starts. Coming back after the game usually takes a bit over an hour (factoring in the time it takes to load the buses and then the traffic at the Lincoln Tunnel).