PDA

View Full Version : Help Pls - Millenium Broadway & NYE

jshortston
December 6th, 2006, 07:01 AM
Hey all,

am still new to the forum so hello!

Could anyone please help me, I am in NYC for NYE (coming from the UK) and am staying at the millenium broadway hotel. I know some of the rooms in the hotel can see right over times square but does anyone know if you will be able to see the ball drop from there???

We're staying on the upper floors so im hopeful we can see the ball drop but am not sure so thought id ask the ppl in the know!? Or.... should we not even be in the room at all and be in the heart of times square for 12?? Any suggestions/tips you have would be great! ;)

Many Thanks,

J

FrankHegly
December 6th, 2006, 07:29 AM
I checked this on the Timesquare homepage. Was listed under FAQ's:

" Which Times Square restaurants and hotels have a view of the Ball?
Renaissance New York
DoubleTree Guest Suites
Marriott Marquis
TGI Fridays
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company
Sbarro Pizza
Olive Garden Foley's Fish House "

Hope this helps,

Jamie

jshortston
December 6th, 2006, 07:45 AM
I checked this on the Timesquare homepage. Was listed under FAQ's:

" Which Times Square restaurants and hotels have a view of the Ball?
Renaissance New York
DoubleTree Guest Suites
Marriott Marquis
TGI Fridays
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company
Sbarro Pizza
Olive Garden Foley's Fish House "

Hope this helps,

Jamie

Hi again Frank/Jamie!

thanks for the help again! I saw the page you mentioned above, however, I have read on tripadvisor.com reviews that some people have stayed in the millenium broadway and they mentioned that they had views right over times square.. this is even though millenium broadway isn't really mentioned as a hotel that has views of timesquare on most other websites i've found (some pics show times square from their room!). So.... if anyone has any more info on the views from Millenium broadway id be really greatful!

Thanks,

Jamie :)

FrankHegly
December 6th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Hey Jamie

I just called the hotel.

They have rooms which have a view of the ball drop.

There is 1 (apparently...though could be more) left.

Its is a King/Non smoking Room at $899 for the night.

So i guess it depends on who you booked with as perhaps if it is via the hotel you could just make up the difference.

Sounds over-priced to me...then again its timesquare at new year.... (Perfect proposal?)..your call.

If you want to go for it though I would suggest doing so now as it will go.

Jamie

jshortston
December 6th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Jamie,

good idea, never thought of ringing the hotel, funny how the most simple ideas pass you by.

I've already booked one of superior rooms that are on the upper floors so fingers crossed it'll be one of the rooms that can see the ball drop!! It wasn't as expensive as you was quoted, however, all the hotels i looked at before are now either sold out or prices how gone up nearly double so it could be one of the same rooms, not sure!

I booked directly with the hotel and you have the option to put special requests/comments on which i asked for a room overlooking the square as i was hoping to propose (althought still undecided on the night or the day after, re: my other idea!) after seeing the ball drop - oh well just have to wait and see and decide when i get there!!

Thanks again!! :D

FrankHegly
December 6th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Well I hope you get the view you are after....... perhaps you will be lucky.

If I were you though I would call the hotel and check if they met your request. Since there is a room availible and you have paid for a superior room they should help- esspecially since you requested it.

Call them an double-check that the room over-looks the ball dropping. Tell them that you requested this a while ago and see what they can sort out.

They can only say no...and it saves being disapointed when you open the hotel room door...........

Good luck mate,

Jamie