PDA

View Full Version : Soho \ Tribeca \ Greenwich

delawareboy
December 11th, 2006, 02:59 PM
As someone who does not know the city, could you please recommend the best streets.....for example if you have to walk down 2-3 streets in each of these areas what would they be? Basically what is the center or hot spot of each area...where most of the shops and restaurants are?

Thanks

PS....also can anyone recommend really good live jazz bars?

Front_Porch
December 11th, 2006, 04:46 PM
I would probably start off at the World Trade Center site, walk up West Broadway to around Harrison, cut West to Hudson, stop at Bubby's for coffee and pie (isn't that lunch?) head up Hudson to around Broome (there will be a little tunnel traffic for you to navigate around, not bad) walk back over to West Broadway and to through SoHo, stopping to detour east west on Spring and on Broome Street, then back north to Washington Square Park, admire the arch and rest on a park bench, then maybe north to Ninth Street west to Greenwich Avenue, walking west on Perry or Bank and then back down south via Seventh Avenue to have dinner and listen to jazz at the Cornelia Street Cafe.

Then I'd sleep for a week.

ali r.
{downtown broker}

Ninjahedge
December 11th, 2006, 05:11 PM
I would extend the walk a bit to take them through CT...

It is only a few blocks (maybe 10 minutes) away from SOHO and is definitely an experience.

Getting a few buns, rice balls, spring rolls or a noodle soup might be a good cheap lunch for midday (or snack).

The only warning is that it is very crowded and a little messy (especially outside the fish-martys.

You can, however, get VERY good prices on produce there if you look. I would recommend Baby Bok Choy as one of them. (Great steamed or lightly sauteed with garlic and soy sauce). We found a large jar of chopped Garlic for $2.30 (A jar half its size was going for $5 at Shop Rite!).

Bring a backpack if you do go... ;)

Front_Porch
December 12th, 2006, 09:19 AM
I would extend the walk a bit to take them through CT...

this is a great idea, but I first read it as "Connecticut" not "Chinatown"

LOL

ali r.

raycanales
December 21st, 2006, 04:08 PM
this is a great idea, but I first read it as "Connecticut" not "Chinatown"

LOL

ali r.

yeah I thought it said Connecticut maybe the reason for the backpack ..:rolleyes: