PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve Schedule - TS

jshortston
December 15th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Hey all,

does anyone know what the chain of events will be in times square for this new years eve? I keep looking on http://www.timessquarenyc.org at the event schedule but all it says is coming soon!

Does anyone know what celebrity's are going to be there, will someone be performing a mini-concert or similar (does this actually happen or have i gone completely mad?!?!) or will there be some other entertainment?

As im coming over from the UK it's hard to keep up with what would be happening so if anyone has info i'd be most greatful! thanks!

J

FrankHegly
December 15th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Here is the schedule:

6:00 p.m. Begin with lighting and raising of the New Year’s Eve Ball
6:07p.m. Pontiac Garage musical performance
6:24 p.m. New Year Cheer
8:33 p.m. USO Troupe of Metropolitan New York musical performance;
10:38 p.m. USO musical “Service Salute” to US armed forces; hourly practice countdowns at the top of each hour with fireworks, confetti and sound effects;
11:59 p.m. NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Special Guest will push the Waterford Crystal button that will signal the Ball lowering and the sixty second countdown to 2007. At midnight, the numerals 2007 will light up amidst a blizzard of colorful confetti and spectacular Zambelli fireworks to welcome the New Year.
Special guests are as follows:
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/entertainment/2006-12/08/content_753833.htm

Not sure who the special guest pressing the button is... Though I think it may be Christina Agulera from something I heard her say on an interview.

Hope this answers your question & any one else's

p.s. I hope that you manage to see it from your room.

Jamie

jshortston
December 15th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Frankhegly (Jamie) to the rescue!

Thanks again Jamie! Very helpful! Don't know how you manage to find all this stuff, i've looked for ages but can never find the right things. Although i did also hear something about christina being there so fingers crossed!!!

Are you going to be in TS for new years eve or have you got something else planned?? I'm not hopeful we'll be able to see it all from our room so may just go down and mix it up with everyone! hehe. My brother-in-law to be (if all goes to plan, wink wink) is also taking his GF now and is staying in another hotel so may be nice to go spend it with them!

Cheers,

J

FrankHegly
December 28th, 2006, 04:55 AM
...I cheated had already found the link and bookmarked it whilst trying to work out what to do.

I decided against Times Square due to the ig crouds (guess you felt the same with deciding to try for a room with a view). Its not that i did not want to be in amongst the crowd for 12, i just did not feel like being amongst them from 6PM-11:59 without being able to leave.

Instead I'm going to the Ritz-Carlton (Rise Bar) for an open bar party. It has views of the fireworks over the statue of liberty at midnight which I think will look amazing.

Anyway if you decide against the crowds and dont have a view Central Park and ?Battery Park (Stat of Lib) will both have firework displays.

Hope to see you there,

Jamie