PDA

View Full Version : Internet Cafe Manhattan ?

thegirlinthecafe
December 18th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Hello New Yorkers

I will be visiting NY for the very first time in the week of Christmas and was wondering if anyone could point me to some good internetcafe's on Manhattan around Times Square or 23rd Street.

I am particularly look for a place that is not too crazy expensive, and where it is possible to somehow post pictures from my SD card to my website. Any help is highly appreciated !

Another question - a good place to eat when you are on your own :-) A cosy cafe or diner of some sorts would be good, so also here - any tips very welcome.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Ingrid

shocka
December 18th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Do you have a laptop, bring it wiht you and you can use any of the various TMobile Hotspots in NYC. Also Bryant park has free internet, not sure how it is in the winter though.

thegirlinthecafe
December 18th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Well I do have a laptop but was considering leaving it at home, as it is such a heavy thing to drag around with :-)

But maybe I should reconsider :)

gradvmedusa
December 18th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Well I do have a laptop but was considering leaving it at home, as it is such a heavy thing to drag around with :-)

FedEx Stores (Kinkos) is an option but rathe pricey. Lots of bodega type places and laundry mats have net access.

gradvmedusa
December 18th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Just remembered- any public library should provide free net access.

shocka
December 18th, 2006, 08:27 PM

If you are staying in a Hotel, call and check if they offer internet. Some (Club Quarters and such) offer free internet, so you will not need to carry arround ur laptop. Plus you can also just put files on ur laptop and upload them at once.