PDA

View Full Version : NYC ~ NYE Help Please

DncrD333
December 18th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Hello everyone! I've been looking around this website trying to gather information for our trip to New York for New Years Eve. My boyfriend and I are flying in from Los Angeles to ring in the New Year. We're super excited but are havin trouble securing an actual location to spend the evening.

I would like to be in Time Square, at a restaurant or bar that I can actually see down into Time Square from. I have researched Hard Rock, Planet Hollywood, Bubba Gump, Marriot Marquis, and the Renaissance Hotel. The only one that sounds promising is Bubba Gump, but it's not at the top of my list.

Can anyone recommend a restaurant/private party/bar that has the best views of the ball drop ceremony? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone! :)

shocka
December 18th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Have u looked into Avas Penthouse at teh Dream Hotel? Not sure if its open but it has one of the best views of TS in my opinion.

lofter1
December 18th, 2006, 09:27 PM
I have researched Hard Rock, Planet Hollywood, Bubba Gump ...

Unless you're pressed right up against the windows you won't see the ball drop from any of those ^^^

Marriot Marquis, and the Renaissance Hotel.

The Marriott has a rotating bar on the 6th or 7th Floor (great view of Times Square) and a rotating restaurant on the top floor (which would be above the ball drop and way high over TS).

Not sure what the deal is at the Renaissance.