PDA

View Full Version : Ivy Terrace B&B

ElMagnifico
December 18th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Next month I'm staying at Ivy Terrace B&B on 58th between 2nd and 3rd aves.

Anyone familiar with this place and have any comments on it? (quality of B&B, safety of area, fun places to visit nearby). Also when does it usually start snowing in NYC?.

Schadenfrau
December 19th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Safety is the last thing you have to worry about, especially in that area.

Snow is sporadic and unusual in NYC, so I wouldn't count on it for the duration of your visit.

I'm unfamiliar with the B&B you mention, but I do know that the neighborhood is very sedate. There are quite a few bars and restaurants (in that area, they tend to be a mix of both), but I don't think that any of them would be considered "fun" for tourists. The food and beverage locales exist mainly for midtown office workers, so you might want to look outside the area for your entertainment.

ryan
December 19th, 2006, 12:01 PM
There's good Indian around these parts. I like Amma (http://www.ammanyc.com/) and there's more. If you're interested, midtown for lunch can be an interesting experience. Dishes on Park and 53/54 is among the most crowded and overpriced lunches I've ever had, but that is very "New York" so it might be novel for you.

You have a decent chance of seeing snow in January, and you'll be an easy walk to Central Park.