PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey to Manhattan

DAVET91
December 19th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Hi, I am visiting New York from England for 10 days over Christmas and New Year with my wife and 15 year old son. We have tickets for the Jets v Raiders game on New Years Eve. The game kicks off at 1.30pm so should finish around 4.30/5.00pm. We have a cruise booked for 9.00pm that evening. Will I have trouble getting back to Manhattan from New Jersey at that time on New Years Eve and what will be the best way.
Thanks, Dave.

EtherealMist
December 22nd, 2006, 01:44 PM
You should be able to do it no problem. The Lincoln Tunnel is definitely your best way. Take route 3 from the Giants Stadium (The Meadowlands), it'll basically be a straight line into Manhattan. There will be plenty of signs for NYC, you wont even have to get on the NJ Turnpike.

Hope you have a enjoy your stay and have a good time at the game!

antinimby
December 22nd, 2006, 08:49 PM
^ You're assuming he's driving.

Maybe he's not.

rburns
December 23rd, 2006, 06:24 AM
If that's the case:

The Port Authority Bus Terminal is located between Eighth and Ninth Avenues and 40th to 42nd Streets, serving approximately 55 million riders a year. Approximately three dozen bus lines operate here, and direct service is available to Atlantic City, the Meadowlands Sports Complex, Monmouth Park, Belmont Park and points throughout the United States.