PDA

View Full Version : Visa problems to work in the city

Michi
December 27th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Hello to everybody.
First, I'd like to wish you all a great christmas and best 2007 year!
So, As you know (probably not) I'm a spanish guy who is in love with the city of New York.
My aim is to move there and work in my field, stock markets or anything related with it such as banks. I've been talking with some companies but they couldn't go on the hire process because I do not have the green card or the visa to work there.
The question is, I can not get the visa without a job, and I can not get a job without the visa...so it's an endless circle.
I'd like to ask you why financial companies do not want or can not hire NOT-US citizen. They said it's because government regulations, but I also know there are lot of immigrants working in banks, etc..
Also, if anyone is interested in giving me an opportunity to do a broker trainee, an internship or any job there (I mean ANY job, I don't mind which one) let me know. I can send you my resume if you want to check it!!!
Thank you very much, any help/advise will be helpfull for me!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Michi
December 29th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Any advice about what can I do?
Thank you and happy new year!

ManhattanKnight
December 29th, 2006, 04:30 PM
^US immigration laws are rather complicated. As a general rule, US companies are permitted to hire non-US citizens but only those who have a legal right to work in the US. Merely wishing to come to this country to work is not enough. I'd suggest that you visit the US Embassy (Madrid)'s web site and click on the "Visas to the U.S." tab there for lots of information about this subject. http://madrid.usembassy.gov/

Michi
December 29th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Hello
Thanks for the information. I've been talking with them (the telephone for it cost 1,5$ minute...it's not for free or local call) a couple of weeks ago, they told me the same as I wrote, There is no other way to get the visa if a company does not sponsor you, So the question was why any company sponsor the people, is that hard the regulation or just it doesn't worth for the company because money/time that it would take?
Also, I ask about ways to get an intership or anything.

Happy New year!