PDA

View Full Version : Steak??? Help

j1d
December 31st, 2006, 07:26 PM
Hi, me and a couple friends will be visiting NYC in late Jan...

We were trying to find a good steakhouse to eat at and I've been hearing different things...
Sparks, Peter Lugers, Strip House, Capital Grille....

Which one is it???

Also, if someone could let me know what kinda cuts these restaurants are best for (and maybe the price?)

Or if that doesnt pan out, we still wanted to have dinner at a pretty nice restaurant so if anyone has suggestions...

Much appreciated.
-j

kyle
December 31st, 2006, 10:02 PM
Peter Luger's...there is no better...even though it's in Brooklyn. :) And it's expensive. And it only takes cash, last I heard.

shocka
January 1st, 2007, 08:29 PM
I personally really like Del Friscos.

BrooklynRider
January 1st, 2007, 10:02 PM
Peter Lugers - easy to get to via subway (only one stop into Brooklyn).

The Old Homestead is a great old place on 14th Street & 9th Ave (one of the oldest restaurants in NYC).

Delmonico's has great steaks at William & Beaver Streets in Financial District.

The Palm on West 50th (?) is considered by many to be the best steakhouse in Manhattan (but not better than Peter Luger's)

Forget about Sparks. It's day has come and gone.

If you go to Peter Luger's, make reservations, be prepared to wait for a table anyway and, as mentioned, bring cash. Also, study the menu online, there's lots written about the restaurant. Basically they have one famous cut (I think porterhouse) and the waiters will give you attitude if you start going into the menu. Steak, creamed spinach, hash browns,. Schlog for dessert.