PDA

View Full Version : Hdtv

Lance
January 2nd, 2007, 12:32 PM
What are my options for HD service in NYC? I know TWC is a popular option. I'm currently using Direct TV but I'm not sure that will be an option in my apartment when I move to NY due to the satellite.

It appears that Verizon Fios is available in a few locations but not many. Anyone know if / when this will be a viable option?

shocka
January 2nd, 2007, 12:44 PM
Where exactly in NYC will you be moving (which boro)?

TWC HD line up and signal is pretty good. My only complaint is that you have to pay extra for ESPN HD completly ludicris if you ask me.

Verizon Fios is amazing, it blows away TWC by leaps and bounds. The system is fast, GREAT HD Lineup and crisp picture. I currently live in Long Island which is why I have it. I don't think fios is available in NYC yet, maybe Staten Island.

Lance
January 2nd, 2007, 01:05 PM
I'll be living in Manhattan (UES). I'm currently living in Dallas and they rolled out Fios here almost two years ago. I know quite a few people who have Fios and I haven't heard a negative comment yet.

ramvid01
January 2nd, 2007, 07:35 PM
Not to be off topic or anything, but shocka how much is the Verizon Fios per month?

shocka
January 3rd, 2007, 12:20 AM
I'll be living in Manhattan (UES). I'm currently living in Dallas and they rolled out Fios here almost two years ago. I know quite a few people who have Fios and I haven't heard a negative comment yet.

I dont think Fios is currently offered in Manhattan. From what I have noticed Verizon seems to be going after James Dolan and Cablevision, first. Additionally it could also be easier to roll out houses over apartment buildings but that is JUST A GUESS OF MINE!

Could someone in Manhattan take a look at the Fios Availability via: http://www.fiberexperts.com/new-york-fios.html

Not to be off topic or anything, but shocka how much is the Verizon Fios pe month?

ramvid I am currently paying around 155 (+ some taxes) my services include

Fios Internet, so far it is great, their router is garbage, but you can replace this.

Fiber to Analog Phone Line Including Unlimited Domestic Calls

Fios TV; for channel listing
http://www22.verizon.com/FiOSForHome/Includes/FiOSTV/NewYork.pdf
I have every channel here except Cinemax, Playboy and The spanish Channels.
Also every movie channel comes with OnDemand and there are alot of additional free OnDemand channels.
I also have a total of 3 set top boxes, 1 Standard, 1 HD, 1 HD DVR.

I am going to miss Fios when I move back into NYC.