PDA

View Full Version : "Hottest" accent??

Kitty-london
January 20th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Just a wonderment, what do you all consider the hottest/nicest accent?? Think mine would be Boston, absolutley adore it! Maybe south African second. x

Monrose
January 20th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Turkish

Punzie
January 21st, 2007, 08:47 PM
Hottest ===> Liverpool
Nicest ===> Montreal

NoyokA
January 21st, 2007, 09:48 PM
My favorite accent is Brazilian. Think Penelope Cruz even though she's Spanish, not Brazilian. Its a-r-r-r-r-really hot!

antinimby
January 21st, 2007, 09:59 PM
Jamaican.

Punzie
January 21st, 2007, 10:05 PM
I grew up in a bilingual househould and can put on any major Spanish accent, and you know what? If I gave you an "accent lineup," you could not choose the Brazilian one.:p What you really like, old boy, are their bikinis!!

Edited in:
Hahaha... the NFL playoffs distracted me so much, I forgot to say that my scolding was directed to... to... Colts have the ball and

NoyokA
January 21st, 2007, 10:08 PM
I grew up in a bilingual househould and can put on any major Spanish accent, and you know what? If I gave you an "accent lineup," you could not choose the Brazilian one.:p What you really like, old boy, are their bikinis!!

And the Brazilian butt could have something to do with it, I admit.

Punzie
January 22nd, 2007, 01:06 AM
Stern, now it's time for me to admit something: I set a small trap.

If I did a "lineup" of Spanish accents, of course you couldn't pick out the Brazilian one, because there would not be a Brazilian one. In the major cities of Brazil they speak Portuguese!

OK, you knew that, you just weren't in intellectual mode...:)

lofter1
January 22nd, 2007, 01:24 AM
I was going to bust you on that ^^^ but was too busy with THIS (http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142911&postcount=17)

Luca
January 22nd, 2007, 03:03 AM
A French accent certainly does it for me...

Fabrizio
January 22nd, 2007, 03:14 AM
If they are speaking English: French on a woman (nothing compares for me).

Italian on a man (Scottish on a man is hot too).

Worst accent: Australian grates.

Punzie
January 22nd, 2007, 03:45 AM
I was going to bust you on that ^^^ but was too busy with THIS (http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142911&postcount=17)
Were you going to bust me or Stern? (Or both of us?) And once we got busted, what was going to happen?:D

lofter1
January 22nd, 2007, 12:12 PM
You ^^^ for the spanish accent / brazil statement.

Consequences of bust: nothing too bad

OmegaNYC
January 22nd, 2007, 02:45 PM
Brooklyn, Pittsburgh, and Atlanta.

ANNA_NYC
January 28th, 2007, 01:22 AM
the hottest accent is the ALBANIAN accent, then the english from england...i love guys from England. ;)

Zerlina
January 28th, 2007, 02:23 PM
The hottest? Italian or... Spanish!:)

clubBR
January 28th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Definitely, Queens accents!!

kz1000ps
January 28th, 2007, 08:47 PM
If they are speaking English: French on a woman (nothing compares for me).

I enthusiastically second that notion!

Merry
January 29th, 2007, 05:55 AM
Worst accent: Australian grates.

Not all of us in Oz speak with the archetypal broad Australian accent, which also grates on me. There are very significant variations.

The New York City accent (all variations) does it for me, Lou Reed speaking.

Fabrizio
January 29th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Merry: I was not speaking about you.... you sound lovely.

I could have added quite a few others there... our own acccent from the Veneto region sounds particularly awful to me.

Anyone here familiar the Philadelphia accent? Baltimore? See the films of John waters for a sample.

(notice how I brilliantly got out of that one...)

Kitty-london
January 29th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Oh yes French as well! But for me boston any day, v hot!

OmegaNYC
January 29th, 2007, 06:34 PM
What? Nobody likes Pittsburgh?

How does this sound: wahrd New York is da best website in da world. Only a fool wouttent enjoy this site. ats like not picking fer da stillers!

Ah. I love hearing a Yinzer (http://www.pittsburghese.com/) talk. Gotta love that accent/dialect.

Punzie
February 9th, 2007, 02:56 AM
So now that people said what their favorite accents are, what specific accents do ya'll have? (Current location not necessarily being an indicator of accent.)

JCMAN320
February 9th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Jersey accents for me or Brooklyn accent.

kliq6
February 9th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Italian or brazilian

kz1000ps
February 10th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Do Albanians have accents? I've always thought we were pretty neutral..

Punzie
February 10th, 2007, 06:51 PM
"What accent do you have?"

http://gotoquiz.com/what_american_accent_do_you_have

Punzie
February 10th, 2007, 07:11 PM
I took the quiz ^^^ and got "Midland accent." This is their description:

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

lofter1
February 10th, 2007, 11:28 PM
If you're from southern Indiana and environs chances are you speak with specfic regionalisms (i.e.: "warsh" for "wash", "ruf" for "roof").

lofter1
February 10th, 2007, 11:33 PM
My result told me I have "The Inland North" accent (i.e. Minnesota / Chicago).

None of my family -- on either side -- comes from that area.

I hitchhiked through Chicago back when people hitchhiked all over the place. And I've switched planes at O'Hare.

I spent one weekend in Minnesota during college when the sister of a friend got married.

Punzie
February 11th, 2007, 04:29 AM
My result told me I have "The Inland North" accent (i.e. Minnesota / Chicago).

None of my family -- on either side -- comes from that area.

Perhaps a signficant other or influential person in your life (other than family) was midland north? Or if you spent a number of years in San Francisco, perhaps you combined accents, ending up with that?:D

I have to disqualify myself because I have a so-called "foreign" accent -- U.S./U.K. Virgin Islands. My accent is almost identical to that of actor Kelsey Grammer, who is a native of St. Thomas. Ummm... you can have his accent and not be pompous!

Kitty-london
February 11th, 2007, 08:36 AM
English, but to be more precise southern. x

nyheaven
February 11th, 2007, 12:11 PM
i would say brooklyn/queens, scouse, french obviously, and if the voice is slightly husky then all the better

ablarc
February 11th, 2007, 12:39 PM
A well-educated person from Bangladesh.

Punzie
February 11th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Ablarc, what accent do you have?:)

ablarc
February 11th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Midwestern Standard.

OmegaNYC
February 12th, 2007, 01:40 PM
This is BS. The test said I had a Southern Accent. No way in hell, do I sound like I'm from the south.

Punzie
February 15th, 2007, 09:31 PM
The test said I had a Southern Accent. No way in hell, do I sound like I'm from the south.

You put "South Paterson" as your location.

OmegaNYC
February 16th, 2007, 01:14 PM
You put "South Paterson" as your location.

lol. South Paterson, as in the south side of Paterson, NJ. :) I took the test over, and it said I had a Midland Accent. Now I'm confused...

clubBR
February 16th, 2007, 02:40 PM
I got Inland North accent. Chicago, Wisconsin?? Im from Queens, born and raised.

wil
February 16th, 2007, 03:13 PM
i think comton l.a's whas goood lil cuz is hot and the queens accent like i'm from queens new yawk is hot

darren1171
February 21st, 2007, 10:46 AM
Italian for sure, the worst has to be scouse (Liverpool), or Birmingham - every time i hear one talking i check i've still got my wallet.

NYC244
February 23rd, 2007, 06:18 PM
A French accent certainly does it for me...

but not on a guy.it's sooooooo gayish.
i am not into accents at all.in fact-don't like it at all.

NYC244
February 23rd, 2007, 06:19 PM
Italian for sure, the worst has to be scouse (Liverpool), or Birmingham - every time i hear one talking i check i've still got my wallet.

i don't understand those people at all.

lofter1
February 23rd, 2007, 08:52 PM
i am not into accents at all.in fact-don't like it at all.

What about NYC accents, NYC244?

NYC244
February 23rd, 2007, 10:29 PM
What about NYC accents, NYC244?

are you talking about ny accent or accents in nyc in general?
let's say-you're talking about ny accent-i love it!;)
i love everything about this city.my beautiful teethless city of ny:(

dragonslayer
March 27th, 2007, 08:03 PM
i had no idea there were so many different accents in the US. i can usually tell if someone is from the southern states but apart from that american accents sound pretty standard to me.
If i were to pick an accent i like then it would be either swedish or the north east of england.

Punzie
March 27th, 2007, 10:41 PM
... the worst has to be scouse (Liverpool), or Birmingham...
Funny that you say that; early in this thread I declared that the Liverpool accent is the hottest.:D

voodoochild
February 9th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Brazilian all the way w/ New Jersey a close second.:p

Polaris
March 24th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Funny that you say that; early in this thread I declared that the Liverpool accent is the hottest.:D

You have just passed the 'cool' test - how people judge Liverpool is a criteria I use to decide whether I want that person around me.

Mohamed
March 27th, 2008, 05:00 PM
surely the Egyptian
it's very comedian

zupermaus
March 28th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I think alot of how attractive a person is the sound of their voice. Personally the most beautiful spoken language Ive heard is a Swiss announcer on the train in German, and a boy talking Thai to his dad - two languages not renowned for the beauty and usually coming out as butchered as the stereotypes. Upper class Afrikaans is a dream too.

I love Singaporean>Malaysian spoken word; its very characterful. Its stresses are all in the wrong places combined with a very colourful patois: they talk slow too, unlike other Chinese. "You want to come for dinNER?" "You like walkie talkie FISH- lah?" (read: We can buy live seafood).

Accent alone though I do like the Irish, with a secret inclination for Americans - dont tell anyone- (Baawston specially) and Aussies too.

turkishann
March 29th, 2008, 04:53 AM
I love the scottish accent, the accent I hate is Birmingham and Australian :eek: