PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Living Museum

Pandadoll
January 20th, 2007, 05:57 PM
We need a place for ALL the Visual Artists of Nassau County & Long Island to be able to work and exhibit their work. A museum that caters to LIVING artists, would be a great asset to Long Island. The only one that we have, isn't involved in the living artists that are here. There are a tremendous amount of creative people who don't belong to any particular organization & they are not being represented in any way.

Artists are the folks who usually don't have any money, so it doesn't make any sense to charge them to belong to anything. We need a representative, not a bunch of clicks for elite people.

Pandadoll
January 20th, 2007, 06:02 PM
We at the Artists Group are in the process of putting together a proposal to create The Long Island Living Museum of Fine Art. We would like to get input from others on what they think about this idea. The building would be a tribute to the working artists of Long Island and create a kind of "Town Square" where the public could gather and experience art in all its many forms. The museum would also be a place where the public could observe artists at work and take classes. Let us know what you think.

Pandadoll
February 15th, 2007, 10:35 AM
We are working on our idea of a Living Art Museum for Nassau County. I've posted ALL over the net......Are you interested? Give me a call..........

Get involved in the creation of a Living Art Museum. The more Artists that unite in this endeavour....the harder it will be, to be ignored.
Power in numbers.

I've noticed that artists don't know about OTHER artists, or what they are doing. We are uniting Artists all over Long Island. Help us, help each other. The time is right to do it. There is so much interest in this to happen. If you are interested or know someone, a visual artist, who would like to connect with others with the same goal, get in touch with me. Or leave a post here.

Join us, in our next mission. Together we can change the face of Cultural & Visual Arts on Long Island!!!

:cool: