PDA

View Full Version : What city is most comparable to NYC?

ironmike9110
February 25th, 2007, 11:48 AM
curious to see what everyone says. Personally, i dont know why people say LA and NY are similar. LA is completly different from NY, the only similarities are that LA is the biggest city on the west coast, and NY is the biggest city in the east coast.

so which city do you say?

Im gonna go with Chicago!

lorcar
February 25th, 2007, 12:16 PM
never been to chicago, but a friend of mine, quite picky, is living there, and when he came here he hated it because "dirty, noisy, crazy people, stinky, impossible to live in, etc etc."

That reminded me when several years ago he used the same words for Naples, and this allows me to answer your question.

I really think NY is a blending of Naple on the one hand, because of the people, the swarming streets, the smells, the life and everything we love about it. On the other hand, unlike Naples, here stuff works, things work, there is a public power that cares, citizens are participating to the public life, in a way in Italy we don't have. So i would say NY is like Switzerland.
Better, a mix of Naples and Switzerland! that's why i like it!

clubBR
February 25th, 2007, 01:04 PM
I would say that NYC is distinctively known for density and diversity. I'd say Chicago too.