PDA

View Full Version : Please Help???

Knoxster
March 7th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Advice please…

First of all, I’d like to say (I’m not trying to spam this forum), I just need some guidance…… Not too long ago I started a message forum and I got a hand full of members and a bunch of “viewers” (that never stay). It just stopped right there. I’ve been trying to change here and there to accommodate new people but my vbulletin is almost a ghost town. I recently added a few more topics, for example, architecture to the list but with no luck. I was wondering (if you folks don’t mind) if you can stop by and give an opinion on the way it is? Thank you,

http://www.theworldchats.com/index.php

Webmaster:

Knoxster.:(

NoyokA
March 7th, 2007, 06:45 PM
You have too many topics. Forums are for people with a strong interest, whatever it is. This forum is for people with an interest in New York City and New York City architecture, I visit and post here because I know there is a certain expertise. I recommend narrowing your topics, by alot.

BrooklynRider
March 7th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Too many forums, especially for a start up site. Posts will languish. Like this forum, it should start smaller and expand according to user preferences and with user input. It's just way too many forums and subforums. The goal is to bring people together emphasizing common ground. That site compartmentalizes everything and emphasizes differences. Personally, I don't care for the black or the spinning globe. As you see here at WiredNewYork, no bells and whistles. This site is red hot, highly respected, and draws high quality forum members because it (1) is content driven (2) TOS includes rules for posting that are adhered to by members and enforced by moderators (3) the site appeals to users from high school to retirement age (4) we don't suffer fools here. Finally, a world forum sounds kind of interesting, but ultimately it becomes a virtual Babel. Too many languages are potentially spoken. Here the rule is English only.

Good luck.