PDA

View Full Version : Hottest of the hot in new york

CurlyOne
March 15th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Hi,
This is my first post, so please be gentle with me! I am moving to New York and desperate information!!

Are there any savvy New York style gurus out there that can tell me what is hotter than hot in the city at the moment?

Where are all the cool kids going to water them selves? Where do you HAVE to be seen shopping. What is the latest accessory you need to be wearing? Who's the hottest new designer around?

What is the latest dance craze (last year it was krunking) the newest beauty treatment?

I'm dying to hear from you!!

Thanks,
Curly!

lofter1
March 15th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Hi, This is my first post, so please be gentle with me!

LMAO ^^^

Well, gang -- looks like we've got the newbies scared :cool:

Not to worry, CurlyOne ... your questions are specific.

I can't tell you nothing about what you want to know, but no doubt somebody here can give us all the rundown on what's happening out there.

Welcome aboard!

NoyokA
March 15th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Sorry Curly, Im not yuppy enough to answer your questions.

krulltime
March 15th, 2007, 03:31 PM
I suggest you try a fashion magazine. Sometimes they have little stories about the New York scene.

Ninjahedge
March 15th, 2007, 03:47 PM
I always find it odd that it is generally NOT the New Yorkers that make, or define the "scene" but the people who come in here looking for it.

Punzie
March 15th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Are there any savvy New York style gurus out there that can tell me what is hotter than hot in the city at the moment?

Where are all the cool kids going to water them selves? Where do you HAVE to be seen shopping. What is the latest accessory you need to be wearing? Who's the hottest new designer around?

What is the latest dance craze (last year it was krunking) the newest beauty treatment?

Skip the fashion magazines, even the online ones. They are too "last week."

Instead, wear whatever Lindsay Lohan wears at this moment, shops wherever she shops, go wherever she goes, dance whatever she's dancing, talk in whatever accent/lingo she's talking.

Lindsay, who just finished rehab, flew into New York City on March 8 and has been hooked up with Jude Law since. (He's filming a movie here.) She's been doing NYC with him every night.

It should be a cinch to get everything you need to know about her; the paparazzi are flocking around her and Jude like vultures, 24/7. In fact, one papazzi accidentally got in front of her car bumper earlier this week and accidentally got hit.

Lindsay is the hottest of the hot at the moment, not only in New York City, but around the world.

P.S. If you are a guy, study Jude: "Hottest of the hot" by association.

bronzenine
March 15th, 2007, 10:04 PM
bungalow 8. DUH.

Alonzo-ny
March 16th, 2007, 02:59 PM
but around the world.

not really

Punzie
March 16th, 2007, 06:25 PM
not really
Clarification: In various places around the world. (Not universal.)

I'm the moderator of a 10,000-member website that has a large share of teens, and I hear it all the time. Continents like Australia and Europe I expected; places like Singapore and Hong Kong threw me a bit off-guard.

Alonzo-ny
March 16th, 2007, 09:44 PM
clarification: she is barely in the news here. obviously teenage girls know who she is, but in terms of trend setting with adults she would have the opposite effect, that is if anyone actually cared over here.

lofter1
March 16th, 2007, 10:34 PM
My advice for what to wear is to take a look at the young Japanese tourists on their shopping sprees downtown -- by far the coolest dressers around.

clubBR
March 17th, 2007, 12:09 AM
wow this thread is ridiculous

CurlyOne
March 19th, 2007, 05:54 AM
Thanks for all the pointers.

Curly.

gradvmedusa
March 19th, 2007, 04:08 PM
I would say the answer depends on what your scene is to begin with. Are you into an artsy/lit scene, a high fashion scene, a posh classy scene, a yuppy scene etc. etc.. etc...